Account Manager- Lithium Downstream India
Mumbai, India Remote IndiaJob Description
Albemarle Lithium division is projecting significant revenue growth over the next few years, with strong demand from pharma, and electronics markets. Focus will be around understanding the business and working with both potential current and new customers. This is an important role for keeping and developing key customers mainly from a Butyl-Lithium standpoint, to assure a long-term relationship and sales growth with key customers, and provide valuable market feedback to the team. Develops and implements sales plans with clear account priority coordinating with commercial leadership. Utilizes Challenger skills for value selling.General Responsibilities
- Manage assigned customers mainly for the Pharmaceutical Industry, including but not limited to long-term contracts and delivery specification negotiations, volume/price management and quality issue coordination.
- Owns the Albemarle customer interface with assigned customer portfolio as well as new customers within the value chain.
- Achieve/exceed sales objectives through both revenue & profit through value added selling.
- Develop and maintain account plans for key accounts, through deep understanding of customer value chain and their long-term development plan and competence.
- Understands the pharma value chain and communicates timely feedback to the commercial leadership team about competition and market price update, industry segment tendency, etc.
- Successfully negotiate, implement and secure current and new business opportunities.
- Forecast accurate sales volume and revenues and meets/exceeds the annual operating plan targets.
- Build and maintain key customer relationships at various senior management levels and throughout new and existing customer organizations (high, wide and deep).
- Develop, teach and apply Challenger Selling tools and techniques to customer interactions.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Capabilities
- Implement sales strategy effectively and meanwhile able to manage customer expectation from long term perspective
- Good communication internally for aligning sales strategy, product availability, sales process, etc.
- Able to own and analyze assigned business segments independently
- Good sales skills, value selling skills.
- Organizational skills to communicate and align account activities/goals.
- Basic knowledge of chemical industry/application, organic synthesis; Lithium knowledge preferred
- Strong negotiation skills and resiliency to tough situations.
- Ability to develop relationships and influence across multiple functions of customer organization
- Understanding of the Challenger Selling principles.
- Analytical skills to evaluate value chain, risks, growth potential of accounts, etc.
- Bachelor degree or above
- Good oral and written English
- Major in Chemistry/electrochemistry is preferred
- Experience in pharma industry is preferred
- MINIMUM EXPERIENCE IN YEARS:
- At least 5 years sales/marketing experience
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL . Apply today.
Posted Today Full time REQ-10020
From Charlotte to Shanghai, your career will have an international reach.
We are a global specialty chemicals company with leading positions in lithium, bromine and refining catalysts. Working side-by-side with our customers, we develop value-added, customized solutions that make them more competitive. Discovering and implementing new and better performance-based sustainable solutions is what motivates all of us. We think beyond business-as-usual to drive innovations that create lasting value.
Realize your POTENTIAL with Albemarle.
At Albemarle, we believe that our people make us successful. Itâs really that simple. We embrace diversity of experience, talent and thought. We work hard to create an inclusive work environment that empowers you to openly and honestly communicate, create and innovate. Your decision to join our team will be rewarded with a positive, team-oriented workplace that inspires personal and professional growth. We will make every effort to support your career goals and create opportunities for you to realize your full potential. This is our culture. This is our commitment.As Part Of Our Global Team, Youâll Experience
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Hands-on technical experience
- Job variety and career flexibility
- Collaboration with seasoned employees at every level
- A proven record of innovation
- Company-wide focus on economic and environmental sustainability
- Deep commitment to our communities, education and social development
- Concern and compassion for fellow employees
- Among the best safety records in the industry