- We are looking for an experienced Accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions.
- Senior accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining the general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
• Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
• Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
• Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
• Provide technical support and advice on Management accountant
• Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
• Manage accounting assistants and bookkeepers
• Participate in financial standards setting and in the forecast process
• Provide input into the department’s goal-setting process
• Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
• Assist with tax audits and tax returns
• Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
• Plan, assign and review staff’s work
• Support month-end and year-end close process<
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
Required Experience and Qualifications:
• Proven experience Chief or senior accountant
• Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
• In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Awareness of business trends
• Familiarity with financial accounting statements
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
• Hands-on experience with accounting software packages.
• Advanced MS Excel skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
• BCom degree in Accounting, Finance.CA inter will be preferred.