Accounting Manager Job Summary
The Accounting manager will be responsible for supervising and managing
the accounting department and all areas of financial reporting. We are looking
for someone to develop and maintain accounting principles, best practices, and
systems for collecting, analyzing and reporting information. Must have a strong
understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Accounting manager will advise on budgets, financial strategy, financial
reporting, and forecasting. He or she will also be responsible for managing
accounting team, helping audit and ledger preparation, and supporting managers
across teams with financial procedures.
Accounting Manager Job Duties and
1. Prepare financial statements and
analysis for whole of the company.
2. Import/Export accounting Knowledge is
3. GST/TDS Calculation and Filling on
the portal is mandatory.
4. Maintain and oversee all accounting
procedures and processes
5. Follow and comply with Generally
Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements
6. Record and research all financial
information for analysis
7. Oversee budget reports, preparation
of budgets, and analysis of budgets
8. Document and interpret complicated
financial information for managers, executives, and C-Suite executives
9. Advise on procedure and financial
management as well as developing policies
10. Oversee financial reports for
stockholders, taxes, regulatory agencies, and other financial groups relating
to company finance
11. Audit accounting and finance
12. Forecast and plans according to
13. Lead, manage and monitor accounting
14. Develop, generate and manage timely
15. Ensure reconciliation of Bank
accounts and other accounts.
16. Monitor general ledger, accounts
receivables, accounts payables and other records.
17. Create management tools that
effectively monitor accounting processes.
18. Assist the accounting team in
preparing balance sheet and budget reports.
19. Generate various analyses and
financial reports for the management.
20. Monitor and manage the month-end
21. Manage budgets for departments,
projects and grants.
22. Monitor month-end reports, schedules,
payments and receipts.
23. Create and monitor an effective
internal audit system.
24. Ensure timely completion of audit.
25. Manage absenteeism, performance,
payroll and other related issues.
26. Maintain, update and monitor
27. Ensure compliance of all accounting
processes to that of the organization’s goals.
28. Responsible for timely closure of accounts
on monthly /quarterly basis and preparation of quarterly and annual financial
statements and getting same audited
29. Financial planning -Preparation of
Budgets, Feasibility analysis and capital restructuring.
30. Handing Direct and Indirect tax (
income tax return ,assessment ,appeals ) and GST compliance
31. Key member of team for implementation
of ERP system. Profile Summary.
32. Knowledge of GST and should be
confident to meet the Bankers, GST Officers, and Govt Officers.
33. GST computation and Payment Candidate
should be confident of making this accurately and should have good experience
in the same
34. Maintain Petty Cash of the
Organization Day to Day Maintaining Petty Cash Ledgers IOUs Keeping Track of
all Expenses incurred by Peons and Staff in the Office on a daily basis
35. TDS Candidate should be know all TDS
related deductions in detail and should ensure timely filing of returns
36. MIS Reporting is extremely critical
Top Management will regularly need MIS reports with respect to Sales Figures
Quantity Data related to Sale of Items Marketing Staff Profitability Analysis
Break up of Sales Figures in different regions of India Debtor Outstanding
37. Debtor Follow Up Ensure timely
collection of Payments through follow up with Marketing Representatives and
Customers for Payments You are expected to Maintain an Outstanding Sheet which
is to be updated regularly and shared with Top Management
38. Creditor Payments Remind Top
Management for all payments falling due and to ensure timely payments
Accounting Manager Job Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business with an emphasis in
Accounting, or a related field
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license required
Previous experience as an accountant, accounting supervisor, or manager
Excellent computer skills; experience in accounting software, Microsoft
Proficiency with accounting software and experience with a software
system implementation a plus
Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting
and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws,
standards, and state/national regulations
Pays strict attention to detail
Ability to manage employees, while multi-tasking large projects
Candidate should be proficient with Tally Excel Any Stock Software.