Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesWe are looking for Software Engineers to join an AIOps Team which will leverage AI to build solutions using open source and commercial technologies to prevent IT outages at scale.As a Automation Engineer in Watson AIOps team, you’ll be responsible for Develops test strategies, procedures and automated test cases based on a grounded understanding of client quality expectations. You will work within an agile development team in a dynamic fashion having the ability to upskill when needed. Foster a high performing environment that enables teams to improve over time doing things correctly, quickly and consistently. The successful candidate will have deep technical skills in distributed systems, test development, test automation tools and Kubernetes/OpenShift. Responsibilities:
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Integrates test scripts, results and metrics into the overall Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery (CICD) process.
- Reviews functional specs/designs and provide feedback to the development team. Investigates and implements new testing methods and tools in order to maximize testing efficiency.
- Work as part of a development squad to deliver quality software solutions for IT Operations.
- Follow Agile development methodologies/best practices to produce quality test artifacts that enables the delivery of a world class quality software solution.
- Participate and present at regular playbacks to the broader team, showing the output of the squad.
- Deliver customer value through innovative solutions that address customer business problems
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years of software test experience with experience on Cloud native testing tool and technologies.
- Experience working with Kubernetes/OpenShift Virtualisation
- Experience of test frameworks such as Selenium, Cucumber, Cypress.
- Experience working with CI/CD processes, DevOps methodologies and tools such as git, Jenkins, Travis.
- Experienced in product quality metrics analysis and assessment
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with remote office locations.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes.
- Experience with multiple cloud services, including IBM Cloud, AWS, Azure, Google
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Knowledge of IT Operations space and Site reliability engineer job role an advantage.