Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesWe are looking for Software Engineers to join an AIOps Team which will leverage AI to build solutions using open source and commercial technologies to prevent IT outages at scale.As a Software Developer in Watson AIOps team, you’ll be responsible for designing and developing quality code using open source and commercial technologies. You will work within an agile development team in a dynamic fashion having the ability to upskill when needed. Foster a high performing environment that enables teams to improve over time doing things correctly, quickly and consistently. Proactively work with offering management , design and other development teams across IBM to build value added software for our clients.The successful candidate will have deep technical skills in software development with multiple languages, agile practices, technologies running on Linux and Kubernetes/OpenShift. Responsibilities:
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Work as part of a development squad to deliver software solutions for IT Operations.
- Follow Agile development methodologies/best practices to produce quality code and documentation deliverables.
- Participate and present at regular playbacks to the broader team, showing the output of the squad.
- Contribute to and implement functional specs/designs to feed into a larger system architecture.
- Deliver customer value through innovative solutions that customer business problems
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years of software development experience with experience on Cloud native technologies.
- Strong development skills on technologies such as NodeJS, Java programming.
- Real world experience of Kubernetes/Openshift managed environments or related cloud-native technologies.
- Experience of Kafka,Cassandra and ElasticSearch technologies.
- Experience working with CI/CD processes, DevOps methodologies and tools such as git, Jenkins, Travis.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with remote office locations.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
About Business Unit
- Training and Experience in development and application of Artificial Intelligence models
- Experience with multiple cloud services, including IBM Cloud, AWS, Azure, Google
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Knowledge of IT Operations space and Site reliability engineer job role an advantage.
- Knowledge of deep learning and platforms is desired
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
IBM Digital Business Automation (DBA) is an integrated IBM platform that helps automate and scale business operations to enhance customer experience, reduce cost, and improve speed and quality of work. DBA incorporates a host of tools like Machine Learning and Robotic Process Automation to deliver end-to-end improved customer journey. There are five automation capabilities of the platform - Data Capture for unstructured document processing, Robotic Tasks for automating repeated human work, Content Services for collaboration, workflow for human and system tasks orchestration and Decisions for business rules management.Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.