System Administrators are the gatekeepers to the many systems that run our company and our clients. As a System Admin with IBM, you will have the opportunity to provide high-value IT services and leverage our leading-edge technology portfolio in our global network. Your work has a direct impact on the day-to-day productivity of our business by ensuring integrity of, and access to, our most important resource: data.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs Unix System Administrator, you are responsible to provide technical support for unix servers with high degree of Customer Happiness by meeting Service Level Agreements (SLA) and process compliance. You will perform business impact analysis and risk assessments to reduce the likelihood of significant service outage or disasters. You will provide server administration and support on the technologies mentioned. You must review each request / incident and carryout troubleshooting activities towards providing solutions within the OLA and SLA time.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Work on remote server located in different data center /geographical locations
- Perform patching activities and troubleshooting it when required in standalone and cluster environment servers.
- Manage Veritas Cluster Server (VCS),Veritas volume manager and filesystem [VxVM and VxFS] and/or Red Hat Cluster Suite (RHCS) along with LVM and/or SVM
- Manage vendor coordination and DC operations engagement.
- Support multiclient environment, with the understanding of SLA and OLA.
- Support servers running WebSphere, JBoss, Apache, Tomcat and WebSphere MQ.
- Perform application deployments and performing basic middleware troubleshooting.
- Perform initial Network troubleshooting, diagnostic and resolution of incidents level 2 and 3
- Handle servers with CLI / GUI based consoles and manage Apache, Oracle / MySQL DB services
- Performance tuning, Automation of regular tasks
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 5+ years in Unix Server Administration
- Expertise to install, configure, and upgrade of LINUX v6.0, v7.0, v7.5 systems and servers
- Demonstrable experience in UNIX, Linux Server Support, designing, troubleshooting and storage implementation
- Ability to articulate standard methodologies for during implementation
- Proven experience in risk-based systems running on UNIX / LINUX platforms along with OS clustering, partitioning and virtualization
- Demonstrated experience in handling day-to-day UNIX-LINUX operating system installation, migration and break-fix support
- Proficient in SAN S/W and storage administration and integration with operating systems. Patching RHEL Linux version 5, 6 and 7
- Validated expertise to Update/upgrade OS by requests and all related works and reporting packages update for the production servers
- Willingness to cover on-call / standby on rotation. Manage ticket queues for Incidents / Service requests & Changes
About Business Unit
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.