At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.Your Role and Responsibilities
As AIX Specialist, you are responsible to provide technical support with high degree of Customer Happiness by meeting Service Level Agreements (SLA) and process compliance. You will perform business impact analysis and risk assessments to reduce the likelihood of significant service outage or disasters.
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of AIX Operating system
- Clustering and High availability management
- UNIX, AIX Server Support: Designing, troubleshooting and storage implementation, articulate standard methodologies for during implementation
- Systems running on UNIX / AIX platforms and OS clustering, partitioning and virtualization
- Handle day-to-day UNIX-AIX operating system installation, migration and break-fix support
- SAN S/W and storage administration and integration with operating systems
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 7+ Years in AIX v6.0, v7.0, v7.5 Installation, Configuration and upgradation administration on Windows and UNIX environments
- Proven knowledge of the fundamental concepts and technologies associated with AIX Operating Systems (Hardware, Software).
- Ability to perform installation, implementation, customization, operation, recovery and performance tuning.
- Demonstrable experience in AIX System Administrator and support various flavors of Unix servers along with experience in HA & VCS cluster technologies
- Validated expertise in backup reports and Initiate actions on backup failure against specific documentation. Implement changes, perform security related tasks, identify and recommend improvements to existing processes and procedures
- Proficient in patching AIX 6 and 7 / patching Linux version 5, 6 and 7, Update/upgrade OS by requests and all related works.
- Willingness to work in nights shifts or support 24 x 7 Coverage as per the Business needs
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications