At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs a Senior Member in Application production support and maintenance, you are responsible to monitor Application Crons, Backup Jobs and handle day to day maintenance tasks on AIX/LINUX servers for Non-Production and Production environments. Responsibilities:
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Perform Daily system checks of the application servers.
- Prepare maintenance plans and upgrade schedules for the Application Servers.
- Set up Jenkins/UCD scripts to perform regular deployments on lower and production environments.
- Responsible for deployments and health checks of the application hosted on AIX/LINUX servers.\\
- Support/drive weekend deployments/maintenance activities/disaster drill tasks whenever required.
- Coordinate with various teams and raise support ticket for all issues, analyze root cause and assist in efficient resolution of the problem.
- Maintain logs of all issues and ensure resolutions are documented for future reference.
- Provide support to Business Partners in analysing specific business initiatives and identifying the appropriate application system solution through integration of processes, systems and information to fulfil business objectives
- Support multiple servers (more than 20)
- Identify and resolve system issues in a timely manner, plan and coordinate the installation, testing, and maintenance of AIX systems software and related hardware.
- Configure data backups and retrieval techniques in case of failure, redundancy, etc.
- Troubleshoot system operational and functional issues, ensure continuous system availability, fix vulnerabilities related to AIX , understanding of server load and balancing
- Understanding of Linux Platform is advantage
- Understanding on ansible/chef major plus.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 4+ years of work as an AIX administrator
- Solid background in AIX administration, Support AIX OS to run various software applications, Maintain and upgrade the AIX OS, Install and test AIX OS patches. Perform quarterly AIX health check and fixes.
- Valid understanding of smitty tool, mount ,inittab ,sudo, password policies, orphan ids , groups , smtp, scp, firewall, ports, ssh password less connection, ssl protocol ,space management, volume groups is required
- Ability to understand AIX security and management, Update standard policies according to environment changes and audit results
- Experience in support projects with AIX hands on supporting multiple servers
- Ability to independently Analyze requirements based on a issues
- Exposure to various Method/Technique/Tools like Jira, GitHub and DevOps /Ansible/Chef
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications