At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs a Senior Member in Application production support and maintenance, you are responsible to monitor Application Crons, Backup Jobs and handle day to day maintenance tasks on AIX/LINUX servers for Non-Production and Production environments. Responsibilities:
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Perform Daily system checks of the application servers.
- Prepare maintenance plans and upgrade schedules for the Application Servers.
- Set up Jenkins/UCD scripts to perform regular deployments on lower and production environments.
- Responsible for deployments and health checks of the application hosted on AIX/LINUX servers.
- Support/drive weekend deployments/maintenance activities/disaster drill tasks whenever required.
- Coordinate with various teams and raise support ticket for all issues, analyze root cause and assist in efficient resolution of the problem.
- Maintain logs of all issues and ensure resolutions are documented for future reference.
- Provide support to Business Partners in analysing specific business initiatives and identifying the appropriate application system solution through integration of processes, systems and information to fulfil business objectives
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum for 6 - 8 years of experience Production Support
- Exposure to technologies like IHS, DB2, Urban Code Deploy, Jenkins
- Prior experience in monitoring Application Crons, Backup Jobs and handle day to day maintenance
- Expertise in AIX/LINUX servers for Non-Production and Production environments
About Business Unit
- Knowledge of ETL DataStage, Docker, Red Hat OpenShift, Experience in Cloud Migration Projects
- Solid knowledge of working in Agile environment
- Proven in written and verbal communication skills
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
We at IBM Chief Information Office (CIO) are a dynamic group of Business, Strategy and Technology professionals - a specific source of market-leading Industry Consulting, Application and Business process delivery following Agile values and principles. CIO is at the forefront of Digital Reinvention of key applications used within IBM providing value-led and asset-powered end to end solutions.
CIO mission is to create a productive environment for everyone at IBM. We do this by leading with Design to drive simplicity and ease of use, Engineering the systems that run the business, and Innovating to transform the business. Key focus areas are to securethe Enterprise in network security, endpoint security and data security, Transform IBM and improve collaboration and practice a culture of agile way of working.
Within the CIO, we represent the Sales Incentives Systems area of the Sales & Marketing Systems. Our mission is to equip Global Sales Incentives (GSI) & Sales with tools to drive sustained revenue growth by enabling the Sales plan & Go-to-market strategy.Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.