The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Specialists are responsible for keeping up with these latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs AIX SME, you are responsible to provide technical support with high degree of Customer Happiness by meeting Service Level Agreements (SLA) and process compliance. You will perform business impact analysis and risk assessments to reduce the likelihood of significant service outage or disasters.If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Following Standard Operating Procedures for BAU support, Build, configure and maintain all applicable Servers
- Coordinate between the client employees, Server/System Engineers and third party vendors/providers
- Isolating, troubleshooting, escalating, correcting and documenting activities/any/all problems to include customer or technical issues within the Server/OS/HW Infrastructure
- Effective negotiation with technical peers and customers to implement technical solutions.
- Maintaining skills to the current industry level of certification
- Recognizing and articulating job related problems to management.
- Analyzing technical problems and creating solutions involving the use of existing techniques and/or tools
- Performing assigned tasks in accordance with established standards and guidelines
- Preparing and recommending technical alternatives involving technology, methodology, tools, processes and solution components.
- Challenging the validity of given procedures and processes with the intent to enhance and improve a customer solution.
- Assisting in the identification of new service opportunities.
- Assisting the Project Manager by providing a technical project coordination role.
- Liaising with relevant support teams for all clients to ensure they are informed about relevant progress and issues relating to Unix server to be handed over for server management to ensure a smooth transition.
- Providing coverage for BAU Unix Server Management teams along with other project works assigned.
- Abiding by Incident, Change and Problem Management procedures, including complying with the Service Level Agreements as documented in the Problem Severity matrix.
- Create regular reports for Management requirements.
- Act as a single point of escalation to L2 and L1 engineers.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in an enterprise server environment
- Experience in AIX (v6.1, 7.1, 7.2),PowerHA SystemMirror (v7.1, 7.2),PowerVM/VIOS (v2.2 and 3+),IBM pSeries Hardware (P7,8,9 models) Administrator
- Indepth knowledge and experience with PowerHA SystemMirror administration, configuration, cluster build, storage addition and filesystem administration, cluster nodes, topologies, networks, and heartbeating concepts
- Solid understanding of AIX system administration, user administration, file/directory permissions, LVM, maintenance of software and system patches, TCP/IP concepts, NFS, NIS, DNS, storage concepts, performance tuning.
- Working experience with PowerVM/VIOS, HMC, Virtualization, LPM, NPIV, SAN-attached storage, NIM (Network Installation Manager)
- Ability to perform with a team /coordination skills/ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to perform in 24 x 7 Environment support based on shift roster
About Business Unit
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.