Works on small to mid-sized and cross-functional IT and business intelligence solutions. Works on multiple tasks/projects as team member. Works with internal and external customers and IT partners to develop and analyze business intelligence needs. Interprets business requirements and determines optimum BI solutions to meet needs. Designs Institute-wide âviewsâ and custom reports. Provides design support for the development of business intelligence solutions. Provides input to business requirements for the design of solutions. Provides input to the development of information quality metrics. Identifies and provides input to new technology opportunities that will have an impact on the Enterprise wide BI systems. Participates in workstream planning process including inception, technical design, development, testing and delivery of BI solutions. Adheres to current standards. Provides input to standards, policies and procedures for the form, structure, and attributes of the BI tools and systems. Researches business problems and creates models that help analyze these business problems. Researches tools, frameworks and mechanisms for data analytics. Designs and delivers end-user training and training materials. Trains users to transform data into action-oriented information and to use correctly. May perform analysis for a wide range of requests using data in different formats and from various platforms. May participate in project management estimation process.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management.
- Minimum of 4+ years of Tableau with good knowledge in SSRS
- Knowledge of relational database concepts and hands on experience on various data sources
- Proven ability to create reports and dashboards from various data sources like SQL server, Redshift, EMR/Hive, spark, data extracts, excel files, Oracle, non-relational data sources including dynamic/API based data
- Experience and knowledge in Charts, Graphs, KPI, maps/tree maps, bubbles, cards, shelves, reference lines, trend lines, bundled axis/dual axis charts, calculated field and various data source connectivity. Extensive knowledge of using various functions and embedded queries
- Ability to create incremental refreshes, trigger settings on the servers, scheduling the reports at desired frequency. Creating and distributing workbooks, PDFs
- Ability to create dashboards applying actionable insights, creating interactive dashboards, publish them to the web and providing self-service features
- A passionate practitioner of effective data reporting and visualization, familiarity with best practices around data reporting and visualization.
- Ability to write custom SQL to support reporting and visualization
- Experience is security settings at various levels of visualization