Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesWho you are: You are an experienced Java/J2EE developer who will support technical implementation and delivery of projects based on IBM product through the full systems development lifecycle. You will be responsible for development/ maintenance/ Support applications using Java/J2EEWhat you’ll do:
How we’ll help you grow:
- Analyze functional/technical requirements and perform a fit/gap against the OOTB (Out of The Box) version of IBM product
- Implement configurations and extensions to the product development standards in a J2EE environment.
- Implement and unit test external interfaces to the System using SOAP/XML web services/REST services.
- Model APIs using Rational Software Architect.
- Model relational databases (DB2 or Oracle) and develop SQLs to meet custom requirements.
- Design and implement eligibility rules using CER
- Design and implement workflows for deferred processing.
- Create/maintain technical documentation.
- Write Junit Tests for unit testing and code coverage.
- Support bug fixes during testing and deploy to target environments.
- Be able to work with agile delivery teams.
- Demonstrate strong problem solving and analytical skills.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You’ll learn directly from expert developers in the field, our team leads love to mentor
- You’ll have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
- You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate, innovate and apply for pate
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 2 to 7 years of professional/industrial experience in software development.
- Should be Proficient in Core Java, J2EE
- Should have experience in JSP, Servlets, XML and JSON, Ant.
- Should have experience in MVC Web Frameworks.
- Should have experience in RDBMS.
- Cúram developer
- Should have experience with development tools such as SCM (Git, RTC, SVN, etc),Eclipse, etc.
- Curam Developers Certification (CCD).
- MVC Web Frameworks like Struts / Spring.
- Restful API
- RDBMS like Oracle, DB2 and MySQL.
- Knowledge on application servers like WebSphere or Weblogic
- Knowledge on DevOps tooling such as CI/CD and/or Jenkins, Pipelines, etc.
- Knowledge on Linux (shell scripting, etc)