Application Developer: Mobile AndroidJob Description
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in anagile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the worlds technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and ResponsibilitiesYour day in the role will include...Envision how people experience products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined and magicalTackle complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for billions of customers around the world (novice to expert)Collaborate with researchers, engineers and product managers throughout design process - from creating research protocols, personas, scenarios, information architecture and wireframes to building user interface prototypesAt each stage, must anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
You will come with...Min of 3+ years of experience in android app developmentYou will use your expertise in application development to evaluate and select development methods, processes, standard methodologies and tools
How well help you grow...Youll have access to all the technical and management training courses to grow your expertise.Youll learn directly from guide developers in the field; our team loves to mentor.You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to identify what really excites you
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Proven knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen s
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Proven knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as touch
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Googles Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Ability to design/develop/support new/existing apps, and perform unit testing and integration testing