BUSINESS: Industrial Group
LOCATION: Noida, India
DIRECT REPORTING: Regional Manager – Sales (Northern Region)Functional Reporting
The Application Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of the Applications Engineering in the Northern Region of India and will be expected to contribute to the alignment of Global standards including but not limited to customer specifications, requests for quotes, proposal development, product information, front-line technical support, and special requests. This position will ensure that end-to-end business practices are aligned with system applications to provide world class application and technical support to our customersPrincipal Activities
- Analysis of technical / commercial specifications defined by the customer as per international industry standards.
- Configuration of the Pumps, using specific Sizing Software, and product quotations activities supported by Business software.
- Preparation of Techno-Commercial Proposals for presentation to customers. Serve as the key technical liaison, working cross-functionally with Sales, Engineering, Purchasing, Project Management, Operations, Customer Care, our cost estimation engineers, and our global resources to modify existing offerings and create custom solutions
- Co-ordination with Sales team, Distributors and all internal Departments to communicate customer’s requirements during the development of enquiry responses and formal written proposals
- Direct relations with the client and / or agents in the area as required.
- Provide Product training to distributor sales force as well as inside and outside salesmen.
- Assists with order entry of non-standard requests.
- Drive continuous improvement rigorously.
- Create high quality processes and work instructions.
- Focus on delivering a positive customer experience.
- Travel is moderate, 40%.
Job RequirementsCANDIDATE REQUIRMENTS
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Excellent ability to analyze and interpret customer specifications
- Exceptional data analytics
- Excellent accuracy, customer orientation and applications knowledge
- Background in system / industrial products & projects sales, tendering, working with EPC & Engineering Consultants.
- Good in meeting deadlines
- Experienced in a High-mix/low-volume industrial manufacturing
- Must understand capacities issues in an “Engineered to Order” environment
- Knowledge of production process
- Good NDT knowledge and quality documentation.
- Demonstrate abilities to perform in a metric driven environment
- Good negotiation skills, knowledge of payment methods (penalties, guarantees) and contractual terms, communication skills are required.
- Experience with lean principles
- Familiar with Sales & Application tools (CRM, selectors, configurators, etc.)
- Must be a strong influencer, driven solely by data and facts.
- A good understanding of ERP systems (preferably IFS & SAP).
- Ability to work as a team
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical / Chemical Engineering
CIRCOR is an EEO Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
- 5 years of combined experience within in Application Engineering, Production, Engineering, Technical Support, or Customer Service, with at least 3 years in a technical capacity. Experience with rotating equipment, including centrifugal, screw type, progressive cavity, and gear pumps is strongly preferred. Experience producing technical proposals detailing full scope of supply, evaluation, and acceptability or applicability to customer or industry standard specifications preferred