The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Specialists are responsible for keeping up with these latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As Software Packaging and Distribution Specialist, you are responsible for performing application discovery, application packaging, software distribution and troubleshooting/problem determination. The delivery practitioner in this role will engineer automated installation code that enables a software application, update or patch to be sent electronically to an end user workstation or device within a client environment.
- Complete software packaging per the information listed in the package requirements form. and activities to required timelines
- Perform complex resolution activities to diagnose packaging issues and perform Quality Assurance activities to ensure package operates successfully in the customer environment
- Work with Transitions/Transformation teams to complete solution packaging work as described by the statement of work. This includes all Process Change Requests (PCRs) during Transition/Transformation
- Schedule distribution of software packages to target audience through distribution tool within the required duration and time frame and complete pre-distribution analysis to ensure the request includes the necessary information to fulfil the process
- Update workflow management tools to ensure all Software Distribution activities are tracked and recorded
- Report any issues that may compromise the distribution timeframes or success
- Perform software distribution remediation on unsuccessful endpoints per account procedures
- Provide deployment reports, drive actions with relevant teams to make sure 100% success ratio is achieved.
- Perform monthly patching and ensure 100% compliance.
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Minimum 5+ years overall professional experience
- Expertise in software packaging tools (e.g., InstallShield, Admin Studio, App V, ThinApp, XenApp)
- Proficient in scripting languages (e.g., VBS, Batch Scripting and PowerShell).
- Proven ability in software distribution tools (e.g., SCCM, Intune)
- In-depth knowledge to manage and produce MSI packages from legacy applications and create transform files for vendor based MSI
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Intune, Windows 10 Autopilot, MS Graph API and PowerShell Scripting.
- Ability to Package, Stage and Deploy application using Intune.
- Expertise in SCCM and Intune co-management is preferred.
- Ability to Onboard the Windows 10 Devices on Intune and create Intune compliance policies for Windows 10 machines.
- Ability to create Intune configuration Profiles for windows 10 machines and configure Windows 10 update rings
About Business Unit
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to manage change and proven time management
- Excellent teamwork skills balanced with the ability to work independently
- Proven interpersonal skills and have basic knowledge office tools (e.g., Excel) for collecting and manipulating distribution results.
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.