As a Application Support/ (SRE) you will help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and reducing work through automation. You’ll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment you’ll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an Application Support/SRE you’ll be focused on running better production applications and systems.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Basic knowledge of application development
- Working knowledge in one or more general purpose programming languages, plus an interest in learning other coding languages and skills as needed
- Working knowledge of development toolset to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Develop, test and debug automated tasks (Apps, Systems, Infrastructure)
- Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems
- Work with development teams throughout the software life cycle ensuring sustainable software releases
- Perform analytics on previous incidents and usage patterns to better predict issues and take proactive actions
- Build and drive adoption for greater self-healing and resiliency patterns
- Lead and participate in performance tests; identify bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization, and capacity demands
- Participate in the 24x7 support coverage as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in an software engineering discipline
- Mastery in at least two or more software languages (e.g. Python, Java, Go, etc.) with respect to designing, coding, testing , and software delivery
- Adept in the development of automated tools, systems, and services in multiple technology domains
- Advanced knowledge of one or more infrastructure components (e.g. networking, cloud services, orchestration tools, containerization, compute and storage systems)
- Proficiency in service-level changes to a system and troubleshooting component
- 5+ years experience with distributed applications (.NET, VB, Oracle, SQL, SQL Server, Sybase UNIX, Linux, Java,
- Java servlets and JSP, Spring, Hibernate, SOAP, web services etc.)
- 1-3 years experience utilizing scheduler software such Control-M or Autosys
- Experience in Ansible or other automation skills.
- 1-3 years experience apache/tomcat/WebSphere and WebLogic.
- Strong analytical & trouble shooting skills required.