Embedded Firmware Developer for DDR PHY IP
The Synopsys Solutions Group is dedicated to providing our customers with a broad portfolio of leading-edge IP. The Synopsys IP portfolio includes logic libraries, embedded memories, embedded test, analog IP, interface IP, security IP, embedded processors, and subsystems.
Within the Solutions Group, the DDR Physical Layer (PHY) Group delivers leading edge DDR, LPDDR and HBM2 PHY solutions to our customers, whose products are used in computing devices including game consoles, graphics processors, smartphones, servers, and many more.
Our DDR PHY IP includes an embedded processor to run embedded firmware applications managing complex operations associated with today’s advanced DDR technologies.
You would be joining the DDR PHY Development Team delivering key embedded firmware applications, which are essential to the success of our customers’ products both in verification and production.Responsibilities
The position of DDR PHY Firmware Engineer
is a Mixed-Signal semiconductor Intellectual Property (MSIP) Firmware Engineer whose mandate is to develop firmware and software.
Developing DDR PHY Firmware includes: evaluating performance and quality of results of firmware training software, developing standard product features and customer-specific enhancements, and works hands-on with post-silicon bring-up and DDR interface training algorithm optimization.
The ideal candidate has a strong desire to learn and explore new technologies, demonstrates good analysis techniques, and possesses superior problem-solving skills. This position will have direct engagement with some customers, as such excellent external communication skills are essential.As Part Of Our Team, You Will
- Develop new firmware applications and features
- Interact with PHY architecture and hardware teams during firmware development and debug
- Support and enhance exiting firmware application and features
- Develop and maintain infrastructure for firmware application development
- Enhance documentation content to improve customer experience
- Diagnose customer firmware-related failures
- Participate in the firmware integration, debug and silicon hardware bring up
- Strong interest in both software development and digital logic design.
- BSCE/BSCS/BSEE degree in Engineering or Applied Science (or equivalent) and 3+ years working experience in a related field OR Master’s degree in EE/CS and 1+ years related experience.
- Strong working knowledge of both digital logic and firmware/software development PLUS previous in-depth specialization in either.
- Working knowledge of C and Assembly
- Strong advocate for structured firmware development, verification and documentation processes
- Working knowledge of cross-development tool flows
- Working experience with of digital logic design, simulation, and debug using Verilog
- Understanding of DDR memory standards is an asset
- Scripting experience with Perl, Python, Bash, or Csh is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to resolves issues in creative ways and exercise independent judgment in selecting methods and techniques to obtain solutions.
- Experience designing and promoting solutions to complex digital design and software development challenges.
- Demonstrated experience executing individual projects from start to completion.
- Demonstrated experience contributing complex portions to larger team design/development.
- Successful experience working effectively with geographically-diverse internal team members and customers on complex technical issues.