Assistant General Manager- (1900008M)
Academic Background: B.E./ B.Tech in Engineering (Mechanical / Electrical)
Primary Location: India
Job: Engineering Services & Projects
Organization: Processed Food Division
1. Achieving the required efficiency, reliability and up time targets of the electrical and mechanical equipment on the shop floor within budget through planning and ensuring implementation of all maintenance activities
2. Contribute in the development of manufacturing mission, strategies and goals.
3. Develop the engineering mission, strategies, goals and projects in support of the department and the company and directives.
4. Ensuring smooth operation and maintenance activities of utility services like Solid Fuel Boilers, Electrical LT/HT substation including DG, Refrigeration compressor plant including low temperature (-40/-32/-5 Degree C) process & operations section (Chiller/Blast Freezer/Cold Store),chillers, Raw water management/treatment, ETP plant, process waste treatment Plan (Rendering) and water treatment plant etc.
5. Ensure the sufficiency and reliability of utility supports.
6. Undertaking initiatives on cost management, energy and machine efficiency improvements
7. Facility / Asset care Maintenance of complete factory set-up
8. Develop and maintain effective, efficient and sustainable engineering system i.e. SOP, standards and physical controls.
9. Identify projects that can be taken on account of improvement, expansion, cost reduction measures etc.
10. Ensure implementation of projects within the budgeted money and timelines.
11. Ensure statutory compliance in direct lead control of Engineering Function & provide technical support to the other functions dealing with Government agencies.
12. Ensuring that equipment and systems adhere to safety requirements, as well as local state and industry regulations.
13. Develop and maintain a strong engineering organization lean but effective, highly motivated to perform and learn, disciplined and action and result oriented.
14. Determine capital equipment needs & development of the budget process for equipment, training, and software.
15. Ensure that engineering personnel understand and comply with all company policies and procedures SHE, GMP, ISO, Conflict of Interest, etc.
16. Develop and maintain effective communication within the section and with other functions and departments.
17. Perform other job-related assignments.
SKILL & KNOWLEDGE:
1. Experience in managing a team of at least 150 technical personnel to support extensive engineering facilities.
2. Strong and hands on technical skills and knowledge in electrical, automation, process air-conditioning (Preferably Refrigeration additional advantage) mechanical, instrumentation equipment’s and systems.
3. Experience for implementation & practicing of TPM tools / System.
4. Proficient in leading significant technical projects.
5. Familiar with manufacturing processes, preferably of the food / pharmaceutical / Process industries