Role Proficiency: Level of Proficiency: Follow/update runbook/SOP to monitor, track and co-ordinate to closure/service requests Outcomes: 1) Monitor customer infrastructure using tools or defined SOPs to identify failures and mitigate the same by raising tickets with defined priority and severity 2) Update SOP with updated troubleshooting instructions and process changes 3) Mentor new team members in understanding customer infrastructure and processes Measures of Outcomes: Measures: 1) SLA Adherence 2) Compliance towards runbook based troubleshooting process 3) Time bound elevations and routing of tickets â OLA Adherence 4) Schedule Adherence in managing ticket backlogs 5) # of NCs in internal/external audits 6) Number of KB changes suggested 7) Production readiness of new joiners within agreed timeline by one-on-one mentorship 8) % Completion of all mandatory training requirements Outputs Expected: Monitoring: Understand Priority and Severity based on ITIL practice. Understand agreed SLA with customer and adhere. Adhere to ITIL best practices Runbook Reference: Follow runbook for troubleshooting, record troubleshooting steps and provide inputs for runbook changes. Use KB/SOP to resolve tickets, update KB/SOP with new findings Tickets Backlog: Follow up on tickets based on agreed timelines, manage ticket backlogs/last activity as per defined process Collaboration: Collaborate with different towers of delivery for ticket resolution (within SLA),document learnings for self-reference. Actively participate in team/organization-wide initiatives. Collaborate with other team members for timely resolution of tickets. Assist new team members to understand the customer environment. Process Adherence: Thorough understanding of organization and customer defined process. Consult with mentor when in doubt. Adherence to defined processes. Adhere to organizationâ s policies and business conduct. Training: On time completion of all mandatory training requirements of organization and customer. Provide on floor training and one-on-one mentorship for new joiners. Performance Management: Update FAST Goals in NorthStar, track, report and seek continues feedback from peers and manager.
1. Strong interpersonal and communication skills (Written, verbal and email etiquette) to interact with different teams and customers.
2. Analytical ability to understand a larger picture of customer issues.
3. Ability to follow SOP documents and escalate the alerts with in the SLA defined.
4. Networking: a. Basic Network commands for troubleshooting Desktop/Laptop connectivity issues
5. Server: a. Strong skills in most operating system commands/utilities, basic understanding of virtualization, server and client OS installation, workgroup and domain knowledge b. Support tasks like OS installation and basic user level commands and local user/group management c. Software installation and Basic patch installation
6. Storage & Backup: a. Ability to monitor any Enterprise Storage and backup Solutions b. Skilled in Storage and backup Alert Monitoring c. Skilled in ticketing tools
7. Database: a. Create or modify queries in order to suit business requirements b. Data modelling skills; distinguish between OLTP and Data warehouse applications c. Storage hardware, storage management techniques, software used for managing the storage d. Tweak tables making them use less space as possible
8. End User Computing: a. Confident in handling end user calls/Ticketing tools b. AD management c. Antivirus Management 9. Strong troubleshooting skills
1) ITIL Framework
2) Monitoring knowledge with various infrastructure tools
3) Fair understanding of customer infrastructure, ability to co-relate failures
4) Networking: a. Understanding of IP addressing b. Moderate knowledge in Network show commands across routers, switches, Firewalls, Load balancers c. Should have basic knowledge in High CPU, High Bandwidth usage reasons d. Basics in Port-Channels and ether channels e. Basic understanding of ticketing tools such as Service-now OR Remedy
5) Server: a. Familiarity with the basic OS administrative tools and how to locate them, analyse event logs/sys logs etc. b. File system (FAT, NTFS etc) and partitioning knowledge c. Basic understanding of system processes/services and user process
6) Storage & Backup: a. Good Knowledge in Storage and Backup technology b. Strong Knowledge in Backup and Recovery Operations c. Good Knowledge Tape Libraries, Backup Appliances, Virtual tape Libraries
7) Monitoring: a. Good understanding of Networking concepts b. Basic knowledge of infrastructure components c. Knowledge in alert handling and monitoring d. Familiar with Linux and Windows commands
8) Database: a. Very fluent in Structured query language b. Knowledge of database background processes c. Knowledge of 3-Tier, client server architectures and Web services
9) End User Computing: a. Knowledge on Office 365 b. Basic Network knowledge 10) Quality Analysis: a. Exposure to technology/processes as per audit requirements b. Working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PPT, Outlook, etc.s