WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
Associate Technical Support Engineer
Who we are:-
Talend is a next-generation leader in cloud and big data integration solutions that helps companies become data-driven by making data more accessible, improving its quality and quickly moving data where it’s needed for real-time decision making. By simplifying big data through these steps, Talend enables companies to act with insight based on accurate, real-time information about their business, customers, and industry. Talend’s innovative open-source solutions quickly and efficiently collect, prepare and combine data from a wide variety of sources allowing companies to optimize it for virtually any aspect of their business. Talend (NASDAQ: TLND) is headquartered in Redwood City, CA. For more information, please visit and follow us on Twitter:
The ideal Associate Technical Support Engineer puts the customer at the center of everything they do. They are a team player, enjoy working hard, exhibit professionalism, are dedicated to exceeding expectations, have excellent problem-solving skills, are able to learn new technologies quickly, and use their time efficiently. Associate TSE's demonstrate the ability to write, speak and present technical information clearly and effectively, adapting as required for the audience. They do this exhibiting composure, being in calm command of every situation.
NOTE: Working hours are outside normal India business hours and may include weekends & holidays.
Detailed Role & Responsibilities: -
· Shift Timings-
· EMEA hours – 12:30 PM/1:30 PM IST onwards depending on Day Light Savings Time.
· Provide expert-level technical support via phone and web to Talend Customers.
· Manage and resolve support cases with a high degree of technical complexity.
· Exhibit leadership through personal responsibility, accountability, and teamwork.
· Respond to customer-reported issues in a timely manner, per service level agreements
· Communicate progress of resolution/status in a timely fashion, per service level agreements
· Manage escalations and expectations, for both customers and internal staff
· Coordinate across numerous departments while driving issues to resolution
· Identify situations where professional services may be warranted
· Follow established support processes and procedures
· Identify improvements for exceptional customer experiences
· Work effectively and manage your queue with minimal supervision
What you will need to qualify
· A Bachelor’s degree in Computing (or equivalent)
· 0-3 years of relevant technical support experience is preferred
· A 100% focus on customer success
· Great communication skills, written and verbal
· Understanding of client/server, networking, and Internet technology fundamentals is required.
· Academic or comparable experience with an object-oriented programming languages required. Hands-on experience with Java or scripting experience is a plus.
· Knowledge in basic Linux commands.
· Working knowledge of a SQL-based Database is preferred. General knowledge of the database market (e.g. RDBMS and NoSQL) is a plus.
· Understanding Hadoop and the cloud ecosystem is a plus.
· Experience with JIRA or Salesforce is a plus.
· An action-oriented attitude, with strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
· The ability to learn fast, and to be highly adaptable
· Be a dependable, motivated, self-starter, with the ability to work independently when required
Preferred but not required
· Experience troubleshooting issues on Webservers/Application Servers (Apache Tomcat, JBoss, IBM WebSphere/Weblogic Platform)
· Versioning Control software (Apache Subversion, Visual SVN or Git)
· Working knowledge of web service concepts and familiarity with SOAP, REST, WSDL, CXF, Camel and JMS
· Installation and troubleshooting experience on Hortonworks/Cloudera clusters, HDInsight, EMR & Azure
· Experience troubleshooting issues on Mac OS.