A Credit Risk Officer's primary responsibilities are:
• Daily credit risk management of a portfolio of clients.
• Coordinate team activity by participating in client due diligence, transaction structuring/execution and negotiation of documentation.
• Consider workflow and staffing for the junior resources.
• Working alongside senior Credit Risk Officers on more complex transactions.
• Credit expert for a portfolio of clients by completing credit analysis, Risk Review, stress tests and ad-hoc projects
• Maintaining a detailed and proactive knowledge of developments within allocated portfolios.
• Responsible for a diligent management of team metrics.
• Support the build-out and strategic initiatives of the Wholesale Credit group.
The following specific skills and experience are required to perform the role:
• Strong credit skills. The candidate has to be able to lead in-depth due diligence, transaction execution and form sound recommendations which will be the basis upon which credit decisions are made.
• Have good working knowledge of TS, IS and derivatives products as well as lending and other banking products.
• Relevant experience and confidence in leading time pressured transactions.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Be able to establish credibility and trust with clients, product specialists and senior credit executives, and to partner with them effectively
• Good understanding of markets-based and TCP documentation.
• Experience of coaching and development of less experienced team members particularly in co-locational teams.
• Proven ability to provide strategic oversight and direction on day to day workflow.
• Preference for relevant experience of industry sectors but not essential.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.