“For BASF, diversity is one of the essential keys to business success and the well-being of our employees. We promote an inclusive culture that accepts the diversity of people, experiences and capabilities. By embracing talents and abilities of all kinds, we aim to boost creativity and motivation, and enhance our teams’ performance.
Join the team and connect with more than 110,000 other mind'Objectives of the Position
This specialist role in Maintenance team, will support the operations and automation activities at site.Main Tasks
Desired Skills / Exposure Area‘s
- Support plant operations by designing, integrating, implementing, and configuring process control solutions: These include DCS systems, PLC systems, HMI packages, SCADA systems, and PC networking technology.
- Execute automation / digitalization activities at site.
- Manage the interfaces between equipment’s, Material Handling/Robots.
- Manage the Material Handling Supplier, Standardizing the equipment and lead automation in material handling.
- Global co-ordination and standardization of material handling system using Robotics and other automation.
- Ensure proper project documentation (Operation and start-up manuals)
- Contribute to Change discussions (provide technical arguments)
- Maintenance and Operations upkeep for all Material Handling Systems and Automation equipment.
- Troubleshooting efforts of the DCS and PLC systems, as well as monitoring operating status, and program changes.
- Ensure and reinforce Clean and Safe Work environment by following the best practices of 3C & 5S.
- Safety - Collaborate to achieve the target of Zero Accident in the site set by the company by identifying the potential hazards in the site and eliminating them, to carry out risk analysis for the activities performed / locations where the activities are performed and take appropriate countermeasures for the high risk and medium risk activities / locations, to continuously watch the shop floor and identify the near misses and hits and correct the situation before any accident occurs.
- Hydraulics & Pneumatics Operated Machines
- Hands on Experience on SPM’s
- Knowledge about Robotics (ABB & Koch)
- Exposure working with global technical team
- Knowledge of problem-solving methods like 5Why, 8D, RCFA
- Trouble shooting knowledge in PLC, VFD & Servo Systems
- Exposure in working with statuary requirements
- Exposure of implementation of Preventive / Predictive / TBM
- Having experience with various suppliers including global vendors
- Working knowledge in SAP PM / MM modules.