At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs a Avamar Administrator, you are responsible for L1 & L2 level backup management services. This role will cover 24/7 rotational shifts and involve weekend work – Saturdays and Sundays - Weeks off will be on either Friday/Saturday or Sunday/Monday
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Adopt the given technology to meet the drift of customer and business requirements
- Provide operational support which includes monitoring alerts, email, troubleshooting, restores, configuration, upgrades, migration, vendor coordination etc.
- Will include being involved installed and Configured of Avamar 19.1/18.2/7.5.1/6.0.0 grids, and Clients across various Operating System platforms
- Installing and configuring Avamar client versions on UNIX, Windows and Linux environments
- Migrations of Avamar grids and Clients for all UNIX and Windows Servers on various platforms
- Upgrade Avamar clients for all UNIX and Windows Servers
- Work on Client-Server architecture for one-to-one and one to many connections
- Creating backup scripts for user backup for UNIX and Windows servers
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Avamar backup solutions
- Experience in managing Avamar 19.1/18.2/7.5.1/6.0.0 grids, and Clients across various Operating System platforms
- Working knowledge in Avamar Administrator 19.1/18.2/7.5.1/6.0.0 Installation, Configuration and upgradation administration on Windows, UNIX and Linux environments, troubleshooting backup/restore failures
- Proficient in creation and configuration of backup policies such as file systems, SQL, VMware, Oracle, Lotus Notes, and Sybase databases, RAW, Flash for various Avamar clients
- Experience to implement High Availability, Workload Management and Fail Over, Disaster recovery
- Proven debugging and analytical skills with solid grasp of system development methodologies, techniques and tool
About Business Unit
- Knowledge on Backup and Replications, Avamar (All versions),an added advantage
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.