At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.Your Role and Responsibilities
As an AWS system administrator, you will be responsible for implementing, and monitoring the infrastructure, create, config, manage AWS services, making use of SaaS and PaaS offerings.
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Participate in 24x7 operational support and on-call rotation Create and maintain operational runbooks and documentation
- Executing POCs, SOPs and manage BAU requests,
- Respond to tickets in a timely manner (meeting SLO’s)
- Develop automation scripts (using Python / Python / Shell / Power shell) and batch files for automation of system and application administration on cloud.
- Project specific tasks on completion to have documentation (ASD, Architecture) and SOP
- Participation on SEV1/2 Incidents, Problems & Changes
- Maintain best practices on managing systems and services across all environments
- Proactively monitoring system performance and capacity planning
- Manage, coordinate, and implement software upgrades, patches, hot fixes on servers, workstations, and network hardware
- Create and modify scripts or applications to perform tasks
- Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in IT industry
- Work experience in creating, configure and manage the AWS services e.g. EC2, VPC, S3, ELB, RDS, Route Tables, Cloud Watch, Cloud Front, PaaS Database etc
- Experience in Cloud Governance and compliance.
- Validated understanding about available AWS services e.g. EC2, VPC, Route table, S3, ELB, RDS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Front, PaaS Database etc.
- Experience of conceptualizing solutions and developing architecture for large AWS engagements
- Familiarity with data center concepts and best practices, high - availability systems, capacity planning, system performance evaluation, and diagnostic techniques and methodologies.
- Exposure to Security and monitoring tools
- Expertise in utilizing the latest migration approaches and technologies
About Business Unit
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate or Professional
- Knowledge of common operating systems (Linux / Windows),networking etc.
- Experience of Service management and ticketing tools
- In depth knowledge of Linux: RedHat, CentOS etc.
- Linux certifications (RHCT, RHCE) will be considered an advantage
- Proven problem solving and communication skills
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.