The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Specialists are responsible for keeping up with these latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.Your Role and Responsibilities
As an Azure SME, you are responsible for day-to-day operational and technical support for Azure cloud IaaS and all Server systems on Linux Platform. You will work with DevOps and Security to define and implement policies/governance for physical and cloud-based systems. You will participate in defining and implementing the overall structure and standards for systems.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Effectively architect and lead Azure-focused projects, managing scope, schedule and budget with the objective of delivering quality work products
- Be able to think through various technology solutions options as it relates to complex business problems and provide recommendations to team lead and/or client.
- Working knowledge of leading application and integration architecture frameworks
- Participate in client discovery meetings, and be able to clearly articulate scope, approach and level of effort for the proposal
- Troubleshoot and debug basic system and network issues
- Coach and mentor team members
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in IT Industry
- Expertise in Azure technologies
- Work as a senior consultant with our clients nationwide in an in-person or remote capacity, travel is project based but typically light.
- Identify ways to improve our clients' systems and infrastructure by migrating to Azure, InTune, IaaS, or PaaS.
- Ability to plan and execute projects with minimal oversight
About Business Unit
- Azure and RHEL Professional Level certification
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.