We are a departmentwhich values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizingthe firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct andEthics Standards
Within the GroupOperations business, Securities Settlement is a critical function. It consistsof products such as Equity and Debt.Responsibilities
- Perform reconciliations between middle office and back office systems to ensure accuracy and completeness of market instructions, Cash equities domain knowledge mandatory
- Ensure all transactions are correctly matched for smooth settlement
- Maintain client accounts for SSI reference data with the help of MO and third party system.
- Action and perform root cause analyses on new / recurring issues or control gaps
- Raise issues for any urgent matters or assistance
- Produce time sensitive daily reports with actionable data to Middle Office or Settlement Team for break resolutions
- Provide detailed business control metrics to management daily
- Ensure trade settlement is in compliance with rules and regulations in various local jurisdictions.
- Ensure all tasks are completed within time frames, processing windows, market regulations, bank policies, or what is deemed prudent to minimize risk.
- Continuously participate in projects involving new system implementation, operational improvements, etc, take ownership of work, problems, clarify issues / objections, and ensure data integrity, accuracy and completeness
This role is an AVPposition in Mumbai (India) within the SWISS Settlements Team.
Interested candidateshould express a desire to work in Primarily EMEA shift. They should haverobust experience and knowledge of Euroclear, Euronext, Crest, APAC and USmarkets.
- Build and maintain governance of the functional team
- Be the key primary contact for critical issues for functional managers, internal and external clients
- Responsible and accountable for day to day processing e.g. Pre-matching, Fails, Confirmation, Settlements, Break Resolution etc.
- Consistently meet KPI/KRI and deliverables
- Responsible to look into critical issues by liaising with the internal & external business partners
- Incident management – Transparency on control/process failures. Suggest and implement strong remediation action
- Communication with Front Office, Trading Personnel and External Clients is a fundamental part of the role.
- Active participation in firm-wide strategic and pivotal initiatives including but not limited to, identify operational improvements and efficiency opportunities in the daily workflow
- Lead a team of 6-8 staff efficiently, perform team appraisals and provide mentorship on career development
- Seek to lead, motivate, and develop teams to build a strong culture and enhance the knowledge base, skills, talent and capability
- Monitor supervisory controls daily
- Run the Bank/Change the Bank Change initiatives.
- Manage human capital, attrition, cross training plans etc.
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application
- Very strong control and risk mindset and should have minimum 8 years of proven relevant experience in Investment Banking/Custodian Banking.
- Investment banking/Custodian banking experience in Equity & Debt products.
- Outstanding pro-activeness, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, risk/control-focused approach, and a positive attitude.
- Client focused – when dealing with internal or external clients your goal is to resolve their issues on priority.
- To have effective problem solving and analytical skills and have good leadership skills.
- Knowledge on market practices & regulatory framework.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, complete/review procedures whilst working towards strict deadlines is an essential requirement.
- Outstanding people, business partner management skills
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking who can work on own initiative and can deliver on time under pressure with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standardsCredit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.