At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs a Business & Operations Analyst, you are responsible to analyse requirements to re-engineer application components and work closely with the Product Owners & Iteration Managers (Scrum Master); You also serve as a Business Operations focal, assisting the leaders on consolidation of quarterly financials and support Compliance reviews for applicationsAs an ambitious individual who can work proactively towards agreed targets and goals, you can manage change. You are curious to learn as demonstrated by your up-to-date Business, Technical knowledge and delivery excellence. You are a good team player and you are familiar with Agile methodologies and principles and/or have experience working in an Agile team. You will thrive in an open, dynamic, flexible, fun, spirited, collaborative environment; an individual who desires creative freedom and the opportunity to work in a high performing team. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, driven by a desire to innovate.Responsibilities:
As a Business Operations Focal, you will:
- Perform Requirements analysis and spearhead the logical breakdown of work along with Iteration Managers (Scrum Master).
- Develop Insights from Analysis which can aid in understanding High level flow of what needs to be done by the Technical development/solution team.
- Create user story with acceptance criteria using gherkins
- Should be familiar with Test Automation concepts and ability to review work outcomes
- Showcase work outcomes with stakeholders to obtain approvals
- Support deployment coordination as needed
- Continually focus on improving the application
- Advise on Scope Priority Aligned to Objective
- Manage Stakeholder Relationships
- Work effectively in collaboration with other team members, partners and other support functions when required
- Perform Communications with Clarity
As an Audit & Compliance focal, you will
- Consolidate quarterly financial data for billing and cost recovery
- Analyse development/delivery metrics for meaningful and impactful improvement actions
- Create a delightful new hire on boarding experience into the program, by incorporating appropriate access management and learning plans
- Support other initiatives, as needed, in order to accomplish program objectives
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ensure that the technical delivery process aligns to SOX compliance needs, as the applications migrate to Cloud
- Respond to data requests on audits - both internal and external.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years of Experience of having played a Business Analyst role for IT, creating user stories & validating outcomes
- Proficient in developing and reporting on financial and operational performance metrics
- Ability to provide inputs for monthly and quarterly business reviews in a timely manner. Facilitate the business reviews with data analysis and follow through with business leaders on actionable items for improving business metrics over a period of time
- Experience to ensure appropriate financial policies, procedures, and internal controls are in place, documented, and operating as intended.
- Ability to independently analyse requirements.
- Expertise in agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Proven ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment
About Business Unit
- Experience in performing Audits and Compliance checks for IT Delivery process
- Experience with using Agile lifecycle management tools like Jira
- Understanding of Database fundamentals and Exposure to SQL querying
- Proven Communication skills - both oral and written skills with English
We at IBM Chief Information Office (CIO) are a dynamic group of Business, Strategy and Technology professionals - a specific source of market-leading Industry Consulting, Application and Business process delivery following Agile values and principles. CIO is at the forefront of Digital Reinvention of key applications used within IBM providing value-led and asset-powered end to end solutions.
CIO mission is to create a productive environment for everyone at IBM. We do this by leading with Design to drive simplicity and ease of use, Engineering the systems that run the business, and Innovating to transform the business. Key focus areas are to securethe Enterprise in network security, endpoint security and data security, Transform IBM and improve collaboration and practice a culture of agile way of working.
Within the CIO, we represent the Sales Incentives Systems area of the Sales & Marketing Systems. Our mission is to equip Global Sales Incentives (GSI) & Sales with tools to drive sustained revenue growth by enabling the Sales plan & Go-to-market strategy.Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.