At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.Your Role and Responsibilities
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- The Business Development Rep is a trained IBM Sales resource with expertise in customer engagement and probing, to understand needs and interest to create a qualified lead. Often, the first point of Contact.
- Business Development Representative (BDR) is responsible on outbound targeted calls. The role focuses on existing and whitespace territories demonstrating digital tools to create enthusiastic call list, targeted sales plays provided by the brand to send call to action emails followed by multiple touch via email and phone.
- You will identify new opportunities demonstrating brand and solution sales skills and solution knowledge, demos and other collateral. BDRs will also develop account based marketing plans to identify key decisions makers in targeted accounts.
- BDR will utilize questioning techniques to establish Budget, Authority, Need, & Timing (BANT) and Compelling Reason to Act (CRA). When the BDR validates an opportunity exist, they will pass the lead to the Digital Storage Rep.
- Opportunity Identification, Outbound reach for new clients with Sales Plays, The BDR develops customer inquiries into new opportunities IBM product and services & other collateral.
- An Opportunity Identification (OI) role is a digitally enabled sales role that is solely focused on outbound prospecting. The OI rep’s mission is to ensure initial customer interactions happen in minutes with a superior customer experience by a knowledgeable resource.
- One to three years of Tele sales experience
- Experience with Digital tools and social tools like LinkedIn/Sales Navigator
- Strong prospecting
- You have validated technical skills (hands-on) on IBM Storage & related software technologies like backup, virtualization, and parallel file systems
- Ability to size a solution based on client requirements
- Proven social skills while supplying to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
About Business Unit
- Practiced at clearly communicating your ideas verbally and in writing
- Experience successfully introducing a disruptive technology to the marketplace and replacing incumbent competitors
- Proven past success in building a sales territory from the ground up
- A dedicated entrepreneurial approach and consistent track record in penetrating new accounts, developing great relationships with decision-makers, building compelling business cases and closing deals
- Validated ability to create and articulate compelling value propositions that solve business and technology problems
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to handle change and proven time management
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.