Business Operations AnalystWork Location:
: Rotational shiftsApplicant Must Have One Of The Following
- Highly proficient in Excel data analysis and manipulation of large data sets
- Bachelor’s Degree
Manual Billing Operations –
What does a typical workday look like? (How much time will be spent in meetings? Etc.)
- Downloading various cost reports, usage reports and supplier invoices in large spreadsheets (Excel)
- Organizing & analyzing the data using various excel techniques
- Index & Match
- Pivot Tables
- Writing excel formulas to calculate management fees based on various schedules
- Writing excel formulas to determine discounts using a variety of models
- Tracking of discounts and charges based on contracts
Mostly the workday is spent fulfilling the responsibilities outlined above.
Meetings with various stakeholders occur on an as needed basis and include
- Upwards of 80% of time is spent gathering data, analyzing data and organizing data in Excel
- Working with customer facing teams, providing calculations and explanations of charges/discounts and contractual commitments
- Meeting with Finance/Accounting teams to review anticipated costs, reviewing any large differences month over month and highlighting known one-off impacting events
- Producing detailed excel reports showing breakdowns of charges/discounts that can be shared directly with customers
Provide support to the Product Operations team for all billing operations responsibilities highlighted above as the business develops enhancements to the Rackspace billing systems to automate more billing operations tasks.
Become subject matter experts relating to Managed Cloud Billing OperationsHow does this project impact the business?
Providing accurate billing and invoicing data to our end customers is very important.How does your team impact the business?
The business looks to my team to be the subject matter experts as it related to Manage Cloud Billing Operations. Understanding the charges that our vendors make and how those are passed on to Rackspace Customers and being able to clearly articulate that when questions are raised.What does the team environment look like?
What is the interaction level this resource will have with the team? The manager?
- The team is made up of highly self-motivated and self-directed Rackers who know how to own the issues that they deal with.
- Team has a great reputation across the various teams that we collaborate with for getting things done and done well.
- General office environment. Moderate levels of stress will occur, especially during business deadlines. No special physical demands required.
What is driving the need for this resource?
- Maintains and controls workflow without immediate supervision. Able to provide workflow status updates to team members. Operates with limited supervision and provides progress on goals during feedback sessions. Flexible schedule is required.
- Interacts daily with other team members, the manager and other teams
Required Skills (and years of experience): TOP 5 SKILLS NEEDED
- The quantity of billing work is growing due to the growth of the underlying products and services.
- To provide support and cover to the team members that perform this work today.
Preferred Skills: (NICE TO HAVES)
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Skillful in Microsoft Office Suite
- Exp level 4-8 yrs
Required Soft Skills
- SQL query skills highly recommended
How will the performance be measured?
- Excellent communication Skill
- Skillful in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent follow-through skills using time-management and task prioritization.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and organization skills.
- Accuracy on invoicing
- Invoicing on time
- Ability to collaborate effectively across teams