The role involves supporting design and development activities associated with a wide range of new and existing products like advanced liquid cooling, pumping solutions, complex, highly engineered components and assemblies for Aerospace, Defense, and commercial exploration applications. The Mechanical Designer is responsible for developing complex designs for Mechanical and Electromechanical components and assemblies using Solidworks and CATIA CAD Softwares. The position requires knowledge of design, drafting, and manufacturing techniques. The successful candidate will be assigned to mechanical design projects and will be expected to complete the work with a high degree of accuracy while working independently. The work will be as directed by the Lead Designer – US and Engineering Manager – India. It will also involve significant interaction with the wider engineering team in the USPosition Requirements
Essential Duties and Responsibilities, include the following:
Experience, Education & Tool Skills
- Strong background in drawing creation to make views, sections, details to make drawings fully defined
- Use photos, spread sheets and other non-drawing forms of communication and to translate into a complete models and drawings
- Complete Project drawings with limited supervision and able to follow standards
- Fluent in global design practices, 1st angle projection, 3rd angle projection, ISO, ANSI, and global standard units
- Knowledge of GD&T and ASME Y14.5 standards
- Drawing release via the ECO process. Understanding the ECO process and the impact the changes have on all related departments.
- Multi-level BOM development. Create Spare parts and Consumables list for custom products
- Awareness of CAD File Management Techniques (Solidworks PDM)
- Knowledge and experience in Aerospace Products, Standards like MIL-810, RTCA/DO-160 will be an added advantage
- Ability to perform hand calculations, tolerance stack-ups and support the design verification where needed.
- Knowledge of DFM practices and principles will be an advantage
- Graduate in Mechanical / Aerospace Engineering with minimum of 5+ years of experience in a similar industry / field
- Strong background in use of Solidworks / CATIA – Modelling and Drafting.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and work effectively with US Team