Small businesses that account for nearly one-quarter of India's $2.9 trillion economy and employ more than 500 million workers are the worst affected by the pandemic. Nearly 35% of the 650 million small businesses across the country could shut down soon in the absence of government support.
We are on a mission to help small businesses - about 63.05 million micro industries, 0.33 million small, to scale. Kacha started as a small SME a year back, by folks from IIT Roorkee and IIT Delhi. Post-COVID, sensing the need for SME's to be supported, the pivot has happened at just about the right time. The platform will pick individual entrepreneurs from rural India and help them with skills, finance, and infrastructure to scale and potentially become an export superpower in that region.
Learning and mentoring opportunities online from alumni of IIT Roorkee and IIT Delhi.
Only those candidates can apply who:
1. can start the part time job/internship between 29th Aug'20 and 3rd Oct'20
2. are available for duration of 1 month
3. are from Asansol, Kolkata, Medinipur, Purulia, Darjeeling, Bankura, Cooch Behar, Kalimpong, Barasat, Howrah, Jalpaiguri, Krishnanagar, Bardhaman, Kolkata, Jhargram, Baharampur and neighboring cities
4. have relevant skills and interests
1. Performance-based incentives