EdTech in India so far has had an approach that is more informational than it is experiential. While students have access to an abundance of learning tools and content, the effectiveness of these resources rely on the student's ability to use them. This form of learning lacks warmth, understanding and personalization.
At Openhouse, we believe each student is unique and we celebrate this uniqueness. We do this by offering them a platform to explore both their academic and extra-curricular interests, beyond the confines of any textbook or classroom.
To us, education is not about rat races, but about creating memorable and enjoyable learning experiences. We are building a collaborative and exploratory safe space for India's finest students, parents and educators. Founded by Stanford graduates, Openhouse operates in Bangalore and Calcutta.
About the Program
The Student Ambassador Program (SAP) is an opportunity available to select students of the 9th to 12th grade who exhibit early leadership potential. In a three-week experience, these students are invited to work with Openhouse to help:
1. Build online learning communities
2. Solve real-world business challenges and
3. Create impact in the ed-tech industry in collaboration with peers from the best schools across Bangalore and Calcutta
To equip our ambassadors, Openhouse conducts a series of value adding workshops in research, strategic decision making, event management and marketing. We also offer them access to a database of experienced and diverse professionals for career/academic/extra curricular mentoring.
Who can apply
Only those candidates can apply who:
1. can start the part time job/internship between 2nd Sep'20 and 7th Oct'20
2. are available for duration of 1 month
3. have relevant skills and interests
1. Potential Ambassadors currently enrolled in class 9th to 12th are eligible to apply for this program.
Rewards and incentives
1. Openhouse merchandise and skills-building resources
Letter of recommendation Flexible work hours
The first part of the selection process requires them to send in a short written application answering a few questions about their personal goals, achievements and aspirations.
Candidates are then interviewed over a short phone call. During this phone call, the interviewer will probe further into answers shared in the candidates' written application.
After this, selected candidates will be intimated via email and through a phone call.
Number of openings