Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
As a member of our Order to Cash Transformation team, you will be responsible for identifying and driving opportunities to improve, accelerate and enhance the Order to cash cycle at Snowflake and oversee the projects within the billing, AR and revenue areas. Key business contacts will include Financial Systems, Product, SOX, Sales operations, Field Finance and the teams within the Controllership.
In addition this role will be the site lead for OTC in Pune working with the 6, expected to rise to 17 in 2021, staff to ensure that the OTC team in India is participating fully with the team in the US to support and enhance the growth of snowflake while presenting an accurate and fast close.
We are looking for a highly organized, self-motivated individual like yourself who has a proven capability of prioritizing multiple responsibilities and steering them to completion, including assisting in timeline and delivery alignment across multiple teams. This role will be a key contributor to an exciting, fast-paced, high growth organization. Snowflake is a fast-moving environment and the ability to work in multiple areas and respond to change is vital.Responsibilities
- Support the OTC team in Pune with daily tasks and resolve issues.
- You will identify areas for optimization within the revenue cycle and develop detailed project plans and BRDs to implement that change.
- You will work with the OTC team in Pune to ensure that the work is optimized and investigate areas for more efficient operations. You will be a key contact for the US based functional team leads to make sure that their India teams are effective and impactful.
- Work closely with the head of Revenue Transformation and the Financial System team to ensure that OTC projects run smoothly and achieve the desired impacts.
- You will participate in writing use cases and user acceptance testing to ensure Revenue optimization moves into production effectively.
- Assist in the development, testing and documentation of internal controls ensuring design and documentation supports Snowflakeâs SOX implementation
- Work closely with IT â especially, but not exclusively, the India based IT teams - to resolve system related matters.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure that business transactions are appropriately designed and accounted for
- Actively contribute to the various automation initiatives for the order-to-cash cycle
- Create process documentation namely Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and update them at regular intervals in consultation with relevant stakeholders
- Develop key performance metrics and present to the management at regular intervals determined by consultation with management
- Partner with functional teams to monitor the performance management of the OTC resources in Pune
- 6+ years of accounting experience under US GAAP especially in Order Management or revenue under 606
- 10+ Years of overall accounting experience .
- Bachelorâs degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong project management skills and a proven track record of identifying and achieving change in a finance environment
- Chartered Accountant / CPA qualification is highly preferred
- Extensive expertise with SaaS, professional service and Revenue business process management
- Expertise in SOX controls and design and operation of a strong control environment
- Ability to remain flexible and change priorities in a challenging and fast-paced environment
- Good presentation and communication skills to communicate technical accounting requirements to non-technical audience
- Ability to problem solve, both from an accounting and system perspective
- Ability to work independently but also be a team player