1. Name of the Post: Chairperson
2. No of Post: 01
3. Qualifications: In terms of the Schedule under the rule 3 of the Tribunal Rules, 2020, A person shall not be qualified for appointment as Chairperson of the Appellate Tribunal, unless he, —
(a) is, or has been, a Judge of Supreme Court; or
(b) is, or has been, Chief Justice of a High Court
4. Term of office: Under the provisions of the rule 9 (2) of the Tribunal Rules, 2020 read with the Hon'ble Supreme Court judgment dated 27.11.2020.
5. Salary and allowances: As per rule 11 of the Tribunal Rules read with the Hon'ble Supreme court Judgment dated 27.11.2020.
6. Medical Fitness: As per rule 5 of the Tribunal Rules 2020, no person shall be appointed as the Chairperson of the Appellate Tribunal unless he is declared medically fit by an authority specified by the Central Government in this behalf.
The Chairperson shall hold office for a term of five years or till he attains the age of seventy years, whichever is earlier.