Resiliency & Control Department Description
The Operations Control Management (OCM) office is a key function for Operations in the current environment and to meet the increasing demands from the business and regulators, the role has continued to evolve. The focus of the role is now on ownership, enhancement and execution of the controls and is becoming more closely aligned with the operations management function
OCM is responsible for the oversight of the Control Environment for the Operations functions that support the business. OCM works in partnership with the Operations team to provide Operations with a comprehensive view of Risk, Control and Resiliency. Focus includes
- Acting as trusted Operations control advisors and as a first line of defence with Operations on the control agenda.
- Representing Operations interests vis-a-vis control/regulatory initiatives.
- Executing and implementing Operations control priorities and strategy.
- Partners with Operations to implement RCM standards, design & implement CIB specific framework
- Provides oversight and review of Operations errors in accordance with the Corporate Operational Risk Event Standards
- Drive coordination and execution of Global Control Projects and Programs
- SOX testing
- Works in partnership with Control Managers to coordinate responses to and advise on regulatory inquiries and exams.
- Supports Control Managers with post-exam remediation and coordination of the administrative aspects of issue and action plan management.
- Focuses on themes, underlying patterns and opportunities for GFS operations to proactively concerns and avoid repeated failures
- Partners with Collateral operations to coordinate audit / compliance testing.
- Participates in Collateral control meetings to provide view on operations control risks and issues.
- Oversees the development and implementation of procedures.
- Monitors and oversees timely closure of Collateral operations issues and action plans.
- Responsible for execution of CORE.
A number of skills will be important in this role including:
- Knowledge of the Markets businesses and product sets.
- Demonstrates ability to think strategically with respect to risk/control and regulatory agendas.
- Client. Operations and/or regulator facing experience.
- Strong organizational & planning skills and a track record of delivery.
- Strong process orientation and attention to detail.
- Good communication skills with the ability to work with others at all levels and across disciplines in a virtual organization.
- Ability to deal with issues on a global, cross-business level.
- Knowledge of Alteryx, Qlikview or Tableau of benefit. (preferred)