KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE ROLE
User Testing Manager
The main purpose of this person is to design /develop and subsequently execute a suite of tests that support user acceptance. The roles and responsibilities are related to core activities in relation to the overall testing phase / effort which would include performing test preparation, executing the tests, documenting the outcomes and logging defects. This would also include validating, verification that testing deliverables are on track / being met and providing communication to tech project manager or overall program manager.
• Gain clear understanding of the required testing effort based on business requirements and design specifications
• Prepare the testing approach plan which defines the scope and scale of testing, the plan of tasks, any dependencies and participants required
• Work with technical team on environmental requirements and testing data requirements being delivered prior to commencement of user testing phase
• Review system testing plans for scope and coverage, provide input on additional tests to be included
• Ensure allocation of testing team is of sufficient number and experience
• Ensure all test cases / scripts created cover all functional, regression and negative testing scenarios identified
• Verify that scripts are fully traceable to business requirements
• Arrange relevant peer review of test cases / scripts
• Assign relevant testing activities to testing team members ensuring that they have sufficient work during the testing phase
• Execute test scripts as per test plan and resource allocation
• Monitor new requirements and change requests progress to understand implications on testing scope and effort
• Act as a point of contact between Technology and Testers
• UAT Closure & Score card publishing.
• Organise testing status meetings providing minutes and actions where necessary
• Track and prepare reporting of testing activities i.e. testing results, test case coverage, defects identified and status, resource status
• Distribute testing status reporting to relevant Stakeholders
• To conduct and participate in integrated testing cycles that spread over multiple lines of business.
• Escalate arising testing issues to the testing manager
• Provide Technology information in relation to the prioritisation of defects or issues arising with defect fix turnaround schedules
• Liaison with business users to clarify and confirm defect impact to ensure correct categorisation
• Provide relevant sign off for completion of testing including relevant documentation and evidence.
• Prepare relevant information required to form part of the implementation notice
• Produce post implementation verification plan defining timelines, resources required in accordance with the technological implementation schedule
• Prepare relevant training documentation in relation to changes tested and impact to current operational procedures
• Resource & Performance Management
• Effective coordination with various project level & release level (internal/external) stakeholders throughout the release life-cycle
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES OF THE ROLE
• Have an understanding of the testing principles and techniques in accordance with the ISO standards.
• Be able to apply a risk-based approach to testing when determining the criticality of completing test scenarios and the severity of errors raised.
• Be able to define the boundaries for testing all system's enhancement and projects.
• Have an understanding of the V model and Project Lifecycle standards.
• Have a good understanding of the risk and compliance policies followed by international banks.
• Have an awareness of the principles of Information Technology, IT Control policies and change control procedures.
• Working Knowledge of SWIFT payments, Cash Management and trade settlements.
• Basic Product understanding of the following would be desirable.
Custody - Trade capture, Asset servicing, Settlements, etc.
Mutual fund / Hedge Fund - Process flow of trade processing.
Pricing - Vendor Pricing flow,
Fund Services - Accounting, NAV
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES OF THE ROLE:
• Assumes ownership of problems and sees them through to resolution, making appropriate decisions where necessary.
• Good project management and test planning skills
• Logically breaks down problems/situations into their essential parts and draws reasonable conclusions based on their analysis.
• Identifies issues, problems and opportunities and determines whether action is needed.
• Takes appropriate action before being asked and actively finds solutions to problems.
• Flexible to work in rotational shifts
• Communicates at all levels in a clear, concise and fluent manner.
• Escalates problems & issues in a timely manner.
• Effective Stakeholder Management (Product, Operations, PMO, QA, UAT leads)
• Graduate with Minimum 9-10 years of testing experience can include back office operations
• Good academic record.
• At least 5 years of experience in a back office operations of a reputed foreign bank or its processing arm/private sector bank/public sector bank as a supervisor would be beneficial.
• Good Interpersonal skills to be able to communicate internally or externally and at all levels and should be a team player.
• Excellent written & oral communication skills in English.
• A proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership of issues and having the determination to follow through. Escalate issues as appropriate.
• An acute client focus.
• Strong PC and analytical skills.
• Knowledge of MS Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.