IHS Markit’s Platforms and Regulatory Compliance brings together solutions that help customers comply with regulatory requirements while reducing the risk, cost and complexity of running their businesses. We are comprised of MarkitSERV , Corporate Actions, and Regulatory Compliance.
The Financial Operations & Reporting Team is a centralized unit which manages Client, Services Provider as well as Business Partner variable billing for P RC. Units core deliverables also includes various reporting such as ad-hoc client billing reports, financial reporting for P&L, invoice dispute resolution, customer/product contract report etc.
We work very closely with various stakeholders which includes sales, sales ops., contract management, order management, account receivable, accounts payable, finance, audit, SAP reporting, cash application, commercial heads, product management, account management, development, Jasper reporting and Salesforce admin team to maintain quality and accuracy
The Financial Operation and Reporting Team supports operational tasks related to billing, invoice dispute resolution and contract reporting.The Financial Operations And Reporting Specialist Ensures That The Client As Well As Vendor Billing Is Getting Managed Properly With Focus On The Following Areas
- P&L Reporting – Understand the product, database, UI and the contract. Create a mechanism to collect variable billing data and provide the finance team with relevant information for revenue recognition.
- Client Billing – Based on above knowledge/process, collect billable information and send the same to team OM for invoicing
D uties & accountabilities
- Vendor Billing – Understand the contract and service delivery mechanism, ensure validity of the incoming invoice, partner with commercial and AP team to get the payment released.
- Client/Vendor invoice dispute management – Understand the product, contract and data gathering mechanism. Resolve invoice dispute as per the overall business understanding.
- Reporting (Sales and Commercial team) – Using your understanding of the business , contract and invoice , provide reporting back to the Sales/Commercial team to help them make critical decisions.
- Obtain a complete understanding of MCA and MCPM Platform s, database and functioning.
- Obtain a complete understanding of overall business cycle (Contract-service-billing) which includes the functioning of Sales, Sales Ops, Contract Management, Order Management, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, SAP Reporting, Cash Application, Operations, Client Services etc.
- Ability to multitask, meet strict deadlines and be a self-starter.
- Work in a high paced environment, applying their knowledge of the Product and Process to make decisions when performing duties .
- Perform quality control checks with the team to ensure all tasks completed where properly vetted out.
Business competenciesEducation And Experience
Highly proficient in Excel
SQL skills a plusPreferred
1 - 3 years’ experience preferred Commercial awareness
Have an excellent operational ethos and be able to communicate effectively internal and external clients
Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
Familiarity with billing (AR/AP) is a plusManagement Requirements
Personal competencies Personal impact
The ideal candidate will need to be detail oriented and task driven with a strong work ethic and able to work in a fast paced environment Communication
Strong Verbal And Written Communication Skills Are Required.
Able to contribute on an individual basis and as part of a teamCompany Overview
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivalled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense , chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.