Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesKey ResponsibilitiesWe are looking for experienced back end or full stack software developers to develop a mix of new features and support existing code on critical projects with high visibility. The successful candidate will work as a Software Developer as part of the IBM Cloud Developer Tools development team. If you are passionate about Cloud Development and the opportunity to have great tools to work with then this may be the opportunity for you.Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years of IT experience.
- Understanding and experience with Cloud Technologies, Microservices Architecture
- Understanding and experience with Back End or Full Stack Development
- Understanding and experience with DevOps and Design/Implementation within CI/CD and Secure Software Engineering Best Practices
- Understanding and experience writing and executing Unit and Integration Tests as part of Test-Driven DevOps Development
- Understanding and experience with RESTful APIs, Kubernetes, Postgres, Redis, GitHub, GitLab
- Understanding of critical industry Compliance Best Practices (e.g. GDPR, SOC2)
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design principles and patterns
- Experience implementing distributed applications in a container environment (Docker/Kubernetes/OpenShift)
- Experience using and configuring Linux (or other Unix-like) systems
About Business Unit
- Experience building a truly distributed architecture-based system will be huge plus.
- Passion for software testing and interest in learning emerging technologies
- Experience with full ELK stack implementation (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
- Experience using Kafka message queuing
- Experience with Grafana / dashboards
IBM Cloud Computing is a one-stop shop which provides all the cloud solutions & cloud tools the industries need. IBM Cloud portfolio includes infrastructure as a service (IaaS),software as a service (SaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS) offered through public, private and hybrid cloud delivery models, in addition to the components that make up those clouds.
IBM Cloud ensures seamless integration into public and private cloud environments. The infrastructure is secure, scalable, and flexible, providing customized enterprise solutions that have made IBM Cloud the Hybrid Cloud Market leader with our market leading IAAS and PAAS Platforms. The IBM Cloud platform is the public cloud offering from IBM providing services to global enterprises. IBM Cloud is the Cloud for Smarter Business, built on Open Technology with Developer Tools and supports solutions by Industry. We run the services and workloads from Watson, Blockchain, Services, Security, and IoT.
Ready to help drive IBM's success in the Cloud market? This is your chance to research and learn new Cloud related technology products and services, as well as to design and implement quick Cloud based prototypes while advancing your career in leading edge technology.Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when youâre looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities â where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust â where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.