Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesIBM is trailblazing new cloud technologies and services that span key technology areas that includes Security Services, Business Support Systems, and Identity and Access Management capabilities running on IBMâs industry leading Containers platform. We are looking for experienced candidates with a broad array of full-stack development skills that span both backend , UI development, test automation and DevOps. As a software engineer, the ideal candidate must bring a deep level of experience designing, implementing, and troubleshooting modern cloud services. In addition, they are accountable as individuals and organizational leaders for delivering value by bringing relevant technology domain and implementation expertise in topics aligned with the cloud platform integration, orchestration/provisioning, security, and DevOps. Cloud software developers are also expected to assist in the gathering of business and technical requirements, implement specific technologies while demonstrating progress on a regular basis, and work with technical leads or project managers to identify and overcome technical blockers.
Candidate will be part of the Cloud Platform Development organization with the following key responsibilities:
Additional responsibilities include :
- Developing and supporting customer/business requirements.
- Developing tools for support teams to enable them to quickly respond to customer requests.
- Helping service providers to successfully onboard onto the Cloud platform.
- Executing and automating end to end integration test scenarios.
- Create and own CI/CD pipelines to build, test and deploy using Jenkins or similar tools
- Perform code coverage analysis
- Perform security scans to identify vulnerabilities in the code / environment
- Configure, maintain and optimize cloud containers
- Conduct system tests for security, performance and availability
- Partnering with Global Teams to provide 24/7 production support.
Coordinating with support and development teams that Cloud Platform Development interacts with to follow up on dependencies and issues and resolve them.Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Developing knowledge of major cloud technologies aligned with the IBM Cloud Platform, and additional knowledge or experience in the areas of IT and/or cloud technology architecture (service management and/or resiliency is a plus).
- Implementing modern tools and techniques to develop clean, efficient, and reusable code.
- Identifying and addressing design, development, and delivery performance bottlenecks.
- Actively participating in code and design reviews.
- Coaching, educating, and evangelizing development best practices.
- Leveraging monitoring tools to gain insight into performance or potential failure points and take corrective action
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- OpenShift, Demonstrated knowledge of SOA / web services â RES, XML, JSON
- Cloudant or NoSQL database
- CI/CD tools and development
- A positive attitude and willingness to drive projects to completion in a fast paced environment
- Experience in large systems software design and development
- Proven problem-solving and analytical skills
- A Masters or Bachelor degree in computer Science or equivalent is preferred.
- Strong understanding and proven experience with Cloud technologies
- Full stack development
- Working with global team LogDNA, New Relic, Activity tracker, ELK stack, Carbon framework, CIS Certification, CKA Certification, Automation and Cloud Audit experience, Vulnerability Scan and Vulnerability Advisor, HCL ASOC(App Scan On Cloud),Snyk, GoSec, ISO 27K and SOC 2 Type 2