IBM is transforming to lead. Join the next generation of innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs who are changing the very way the world works. Use breakthrough Cognitive computing to help doctors transform patient care, bankers reduce risk, businesses extract critical insights and clinicians diagnose and treat rare pediatric diseases. There is no better place to launch or further your career.
About Business Unit:-
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is the division of IBM that is focused on business process consulting and technology application. It provides “end-to-end” solution for its clients, and prides in complex integration and business transformation. IBM GBS in India, also known as global delivery caters to GBS clients world-wide. Its portfolio includes services on Digital Transformation (e.g. Strategy, Interactive Experience, Analytic and Big Data),Enterprise Applicants (e.g. SAP, Oracle, Microsoft and Workday) and Application Innovation Consulting. IBM India also houses Cognitive Computing Practice, a growth play that is focused on Advanced Analytics, Artificial Intelligence and Human Computer Interaction. The opportunity for Cognitive Data Scientists specified below belong to the Cognitive Computing growth play.
Who you are:-
You are expected to have a clear understanding of IBMs’ business and be able to devise, implement and support programs and policies around above areas that meet business needs.
What you’ll do:-
Your responsibilities will include:
1. Adoption of business analytics in client settings, where both structured and unstructured analytics are important.
2. You are expected to have a combination of hands-on analytics expertise, client-facing consulting experience, and acumen for solving business problems using quantitative methods.
3. Your responsibilities include application of hands-on analytics expertise and demonstration of thought leadership during consulting engagement that may be part of delivery project.
4.Cognitive Data Scientists have experience in Quantitative methods, techniques and programming.
How we will help you grow:-
You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be.
You’ll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
1.Formal training in or experiential learning of statistical methods and techniques.
2. Excellent Programming Skills in one of the two below languages from following groups:
- Object-Oriented: Java / C++
- Procedural: Python / Perl / C/ Matlab / Octave / Fortran / Pascal
- Special Purpose: R / SAS / SPSS / Matlab / Octave / Rapid Miner / Weka / Mahout / Spark / LISP
- Streaming Data Analytics, Structured and Unstructured Analysis
- Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Systems
- Human Computer Interaction / Visualization
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
The role requires strong inter-personal, conflict resolution and collaboration skills. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate excellent communication skills for effective leadership level interaction
Skills to analyze data, and interpret analysis results in business terms. This includes logical thinking, reasoning, hypothesis formulation, evidence based evaluation, quantitative approximation and intuitive cross-validation. Solid background of school-level mathematics is an absolute imperative. Challenge the validity of given procedures and processes with the intent to enhance and improve.
Skills to extract, transform, prepare and manipulate large datasets and unstructured content using standard RDBMS / SQL
Willingness to work across technologies and job locations, based on business need of the hour.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.