Job Description:Connectivity Service Operations EngineerConnectivity Networks Lead (CNL) works as part of a global team who are collectively accountable for the availability and support for services offered by Core Networks. Works across multiplJob Description
Connectivity Service Operations Engineer
Connectivity Networks Lead (CNL) works as part of a global team who are collectively accountable for the availability and support for services offered by Core Networks. Works across multiple technical organizations both internal and external, and technologies to identify trends in the production environments, make proactive recommendations for optimization, take lead role in driving technical incidents and problems and develop a strong relationship with customers to demonstrate value of service
The CNL is responsible for managing workflow and providing technical SME (Subject Matter Expert) capability across a global shift in multiple locations. Responsible for handling transition activities involving Connectivity Operations, the CNL reports directly to Global Head of Connectivity. The CNL position is a technical role, requiring good knowledge of IT Infrastructure management and Network infrastructure.What will you be doing?
Connectivity Management (25%):
- Responsibility for leading technical operational activities on a 24 x 7 basis, incorporating Event Management, Incident Management & Change Management.
- Responsible for the operational delivery of IT services to the Barclays Group.
- Drive consistent best practice approach within and across shifts including:
- Ensure effective Level 1 activities (system monitoring, alert handling, etc.)
- Ensure effective Level 2 activities (incident diagnosis and resolution, etc.)
- Ensure effective escalation of incidents or other issues.
- High quality authorisation and implementation of change.
- Responsible for the management of incidents, raised from events that could have major impact on Barclays Group services.
- Act as a customer-facing point of contact for Operations in dealing with complex technical and business queries, complaints, etc.
- Ensure full service availability following the resolution of incidents or the implementation of changes.
- Ensuring compliance and adherence to the Change, Incident and Problem Management processes and supporting procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining the operational integrity of the data centre IT production environment during incidents and involvement in the recovery activities for critical business systems.
- Involvement in the coordination of resources across the technical community, including second and third line support teams, to ensure that focused technical investigations are carried out to protect, reinstate or improve service availability.
Problem Management (10%):
- Proactively identify improvements that can be made to systems or services and make appropriate recommendations based on sound rationale.
- Identify and report repeat incidents and ensure that Problem Management colleagues are effectively engaged to follow up.
- Responsible for producing and reviewing incident and error reports. Incept and co-ordinate service and process initiatives to reduce or mitigate service impact to our customers, this includes trend analysis.
- Transition Management (20%):
- Assist in the evaluation and take-on of new business.
- Authorise and manage the implementation of infrastructure and application changes, small projects/releases and represent L1 Operations for large scale project and releases.
- Assist in the production gateway to ensure all acceptance criterias are met.
Vendor Management (10%):
- Establish and manage partnerships with internal and external suppliers.
Process Improvement (10%):
- Proactive management of workflow and workload allocation across multiple technical disciplines.
- Be able to effectively drive improvements internally around processes and tools and work with customers on understanding their environments and driving positive change and improvements within the Core Networks service offering
- Incident handling (focusing on communication and escalation to support areas, including Service Recovery, and problem management liaison). Also provide a liaison point between Command & Control Operations and Business / support areas, including the co-ordination and hosting of client visits.
- Build, manage and develop resources. Understand and review the resource demand and capability.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
What Were Looking For
- Gather requirements from Core Networks product managers, service managers, product engineers, service operations and solution delivery centre
- Work with other teams within Infrastructure Services to provide sustainable enterprise scalable capacity management solution
- Engage end users and key stakeholders to provide feedback and ensure requirements and expectations are properly met
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Strong knowledge on industry best practices in IT around Change, Problem and Incident Management.
- Customer service and liaison skills between Command and Control operations and multiple technical / business support areas and customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Full understanding of the Run and Recover processes.
- Ability to co-ordinate incident resolution when dealing with multiple support areas and / or suppliers.
- Technical SME in Network area with IP routing and switching, firewalls, wireless, MPLS switching
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Team management skills and experience
Where will you be working?Pune
- Business and commercial awareness of all Techology managed Barclays Group services
- History of exposure to business and support areas.
- Flexibility with working hours to meet the demands of the job, i.e. attend on site at peak times or in the event of serious incidents, sometimes at short notice.
- Formal accreditation e.g. ITIL Green Badge, Kepner-Tregoe accreditation in problem solving and decision making.
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more as a professional, and as a person. Be More @ Barclays represents our core promise to all current and future employees. Its the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.