We are on a mission to make education affordable to everyone by helping universities & schools build better relationships with their alumni, which leads to increased donations.
We believe in
Our impact so far
- Democratising quality education Quality education is a great equalizer. When many students receive scholarships to access education because of alumni generosity they pay-it-forward when they have the capacity to do so. We derive our inspiration from actions like this
- Building a large profitable business We envision building a capital-efficient, large profitable business to achieve our mission of democratising quality education. This means less dependence on investors & more ownership with the team. We are one of the few profitable Indian SaaS startups building Value SaaS.
- Employee Wellness <> Customer Success We give as much importance to each team member’s personal & professional success as much as we care about our customer's success. We believe it’s all about balance. Our recent WFH policies reflect this belief.
- 3 million alumni connected
- 450,000 students impacted
- $3 million donations raised
- 54 million engagement opportunities created
- 32 months since profitability
- Achieved with a nimble team of 24
Almabase is looking to hire a content writer & marketer. Alumni relations is a 200 year old industry that’s ripe for disruption. In this role, you are required to create content that helps alumni relations and fundraising professionals in the US derive value and discover the Almabase brand. Your core responsibility is content creation, but you are also responsible for engaging the audience (in a measurable way). Our ideal candidate has 1 - 2 years of content writing experience (with some exposure to measuring outcomes),an eye for detail, and can write crisply using simple language.Compensation
Total Salary Rs. 6 to 8 lakhs per annum
Equity will be awarded after 12 months, based on the impact created. We prefer that every employee holds equity in the company.Responsibilities
- Develop a good understanding of the current problems being faced by alumni relations and fundraising professionals and create compelling content to drive awareness for Almabase. The content could be in the form of blogs, ebooks, case studies, infographics, webinars, ads, videos etc.
- Work towards well defined outcomes and constantly measure results.
- Shape the content strategy and drive more top of the funnel awareness through content. We have a comprehensive database of potential buyers and we’ll be using that to distribute content to narrow segments based on relevance. This role does not require you to understand SEO or inbound marketing deeply.
- Organize webinars/panel discussions to engage a specific segment of our audience with relevant topics.
- Collaborate with designers and developers to create landing pages, guides, and other relevant content.
- Write PR stories and articles to elevate the Almabase brand.
We will, however, keep your resume on record and get in touch with you about future opportunities that may be a better fit for your skills and experience.
What will a typical month look like?
- 1 - 2 years of content writing experience for B2B companies.
- Writes exceptionally well, with an eye for quality and attention to detail. We prefer simple language over jargons. Someone with a natural passion and a flair for storytelling and writing would fit in well.
- Understands the fundamental concepts of content distribution and audience engagement.
- Experience of working with a CRM like Hubspot is an added advantage.
- Experience of working for the US region is an added advantage.
- A passion for education will make you feel at home.
What will make you successful in this role?
- At the beginning of the quarter you will work with the CEO to narrow down your OKRs for the quarter.
- You will then work on creating a content calendar for the month/quarter.
- You will then be focused on creating that content and distributing them based on existing playbooks as well as new ideas. You would then measure the success based on defined metrics.
How will we set you up for success in this role?
- If you understand the audience really well and get to know their challenges, you can be really successful in this role.
- You need to be creative with your ideas but also use an analytical mindset to rinse and repeat.
- You need to own the outcomes, not the inputs. It’s not about how much content is created but about what outcome that helped us achieve.
- You need to be resourceful and help the rest of the team beyond your day to day duties. This is a strong part of our culture and is applicable to every role.
Why should you join Almabase?
- We will provide you with detailed training to give you a headstart into the world of alumni relations and educational fundraising. We’ll also talk about competitive landscape, provide you access to hundreds of recorded conversations, and existing marketing material.
- We will connect you with industry experts who will be happy to have conversations with you to help you understand more about the space.
- You will have plenty of opportunities to be in touch with your audience by listening into calls with prospects and current customers everyday.
- You will have a lot of creative freedom to experiment and try new things once you understand the goals and the audience well.
- You will have a quarterly review with the CEO to discuss career goals and overall success, along with regular mentoring.
By joining as an early member of our marketing team, you have the opportunity to make a huge impact by working closely with the leadership team including the CEO. As we scale our marketing team over the next few months you will have a key role to play in hiring and taking on bigger responsibilities.Benefits
This is what our team members enjoy the most about Almabase
- Freedom & Responsibility If you are a person who wants to take up challenging work & push your personal boundaries, then this is the right place for you. This article does a fantastic job of articulating the growth mindset we're trying to develop.
- Great Salary & Equity For our top performers and leaders, we grant stock options. As Almabase continues to grow, you’ll have a real opportunity to create wealth for yourself and your family. We'll ensure you are financially well-off in the end.
- Holistic Growth Building a career doesn’t have to be at the cost of missing out on your personal front. We believe that professional success is worth when the personal goals are nurtured with equal importance. We will support you on that journey of yours.
- Transparency If you ever wanted to know what it’s like to be on an entrepreneurial journey, then working with Almabase gives you that opportunity to experience it all first hand.
- Health insurance We offer health insurance coverage for you & your dependents.
- Unlimited leaves There is no ceiling to the leaves. Our only policy is that you use your good judgment. We only care about the work being effective and on-time. Do it from wherever you want to do it.
- Remote-work friendly Allowances to setup workspace at home and recurring allowances to make you happier and more productive. Subscription to an emotional wellness coach, team bonding activities like quizzes, games and more.