Control Systems - Engineering Group Supervisor (Gurgaon)
Position Title: Engineering Group Supervisor Control Systems
Lead and Supervise Engineering and Design Team of a large OG&C EPC project having Control job Hours in the tune of 50- 100K job hours and managing a team of 20-25 people.
Project execution experience with multi office location in a work share environment and geographically dispersed work force and knowledge in LNG technology and Ethylene Cracker is desirable.
A. Supervision Received
- Receives technical and administrative supervision from Project Engineering Manager.
B. Supervision Exercised
- Provide leadership and technical guidance to the Control Systems group and set priorities of team members, conducts Annual Performance Reviews, coaching, and career development discussions with employees.
- Maintains contact with the immediate work group or discipline and interfaces with other disciplines as specifically directed in Execution and Home Office.
- Engage with Chief Engineers at New Delhi and Home Office
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Prepare complex discipline deliverables and prepare engineering budgets, schedules and report progress within discipline and responsible for Control systems discipline performance.
2. Know Lump Sum Turn Key and Cost Reimbursable methods of doing EPC business and how to be successful in each.
3. Perform FEED Projects and develop Class 2 Estimate for EPC Pricing.
4. Understands technical issues and costs related to selection of complex design features within discipline and manage technical discussion with third parties (customer, suppliers, and regulators) to facilitate appropriate technical decisions.
5. Develop Scope of Work and Division of Responsibility between Execution Office and Home Office for the project and prepare and implement engineering discipline work plan.
6. Implement design issues related to constructability, manage and participate in conflict resolution with field engineering team and suppliers.
7. Identifies lessons learned for future reference and generate condition report for mitigation, draws previous lessons for lesson learned data base for project deliverables and participates in field rework in the field during construction phase
1. Proficient in Oil and Gas Industry Technologies like Refinery Process, Delayed Coker, Ethylene Cracking, Gas Processing, Polymer Process, FCCU and Dehydrogenation Process.
2. Proficient in handling major Mechanical Packages like Centrifugal Gas Compressor, Sulfur Recovery Unit, Thermal Oxidized, Flare, Nitrogen Generation System, Fired Heaters, Gas Turbines and Waste Heat Recovery Unit.
2. Functional Safety Studies including SIL Study and verification to assess the risk by deciding the layer of protection for each process in ESD. Job knowledge of performing SIL calculations. Certification in CFSP/CFSE by Exide is desirable
3. Proficient in ICSS / DCS System Architecture of Honeywell, Yokogawa or Emerson, I/O assignment and loading in DCS Cabinet.
4. Proficient in generation of Complex Loop Narratives and associated calculations, Cause and Effect Diagram, Interlock and alarm set point.
5. Flow Element, Thermowell Wake Frequency Calculation and Control Valve including severe service sizing calculations. Proficient in using SPI Calculation Module and Flowell
6. Interpretation of HAZOP/LOPA and HAZID Reports
7. Assistance and guiding Physical Design work including 3D Modeling using S3D, proficient in SPR and conducting 3D Model Reviews.
8. Proficient in Cable Block Diagram Concept and Wiring and Loop Diagrams in SPI.
The above is normally acquired through:
- A recognized degree in engineering from an accredited college or university.