Launching your career in our Software Engineering Group means you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and mission critical software products. You'll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what's being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of modern software development frameworks like Agile is key. And best of all, you'll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
Reference Data Technology
Our Reference Data Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop mission critical applications to provide Reference data to various lines of businesses of J.P.Morgan. Your efforts will touch lives across the financial spectrum and all the major world financial markets.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• Eagerness to learn about Financial Markets domain and preparedness to challenge when business requirements seem conflicting.
• Eagerness to experiment with latest software development methodologies and adopt industry best practices.
• Being open to continuously improve and refactor the software to make it better every day.
• Solid architecture/design, coding, testing and debugging skills
• Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
• Zeal and ownership to support and improve the functioning of the applications in lower environments and production environments by championing DevOps principles
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
• Experience developing Web 2.0 applications
• Knowledge of release management, version control practices and procedures
• Demonstrated ability to translate functional/high level design in detailed technical design and code
• Excellent interpersonal relationship and communication / presentation skills
• Ability to self-start, drive, develop, test & deliver solutions independently by taking ownership of the delivery
• Supporting the operations of the team's applications in lower and production environments
Desired Experience / Skills:
• Experience or knowledge of working in an Investment Bank would be an added advantage
• Experience in Agile development techniques like Scrum and Test Driven development
• Exposure to Git, Maven, Cucumber, Sonar and JIRA desirable