Custody Product Manager, VP/Associate, Core Product Management (Mumbai)
J.P. Morgan is a Top 2 Global Custodian, with $27 trillion of Assets under Custody providing safekeeping and asset servicing solutions to Asset Managers, Asser Owners, Insurance Companies, Banks and Alternative Funds in 98 markets.
The Global Custody Product Management function is global, with regional management across the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. The team is responsible for the end to end ownership of business delivery, product strategy, P&L, and governance of the Custody business.
The role is a critical business function focussing on the end to end ownership, product definition and our ability to deliver a first class service to the world’s most important clients.
This role is in the global custody Core Product Management team and will be responsible for defining the future state product offering and leading the delivery of product enhancements to the securities settlements and safekeeping capabilities of the global custody product.
They will be responsible for driving the execution of product improvement initiatives, ownership of product definitions and partnership with product development on strategic replatforming programs
The role with be global in scope. It requires close partnership with E2E business stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include:
(i) Product improvement initiatives
- Lead initiatives to enhance the GC securities settlements and safekeeping products to enhance client experience and improve competitiveness.
o These initiatives may include improving cut offs, supporting new transaction types, digitizing account opening requirements and continuous improvements to contractual products (CSDA).
- Own prioritisation of client driven change to the product to maximise client satisfaction, revenue retention and capitalise on prospect opportunities. Drive execution of these changes in partnership with product development, operations and network.
- Work closely with functional partners to close product gaps and progress product readiness in various markets
- Define and the product roadmap for GC securities settlements and safekeeping products
(ii) Product definitions (current and to-be)
- Define future-state product offering by market, transaction type and product capability. Complete benchmarking of the product vs competitors, internal targets and client requirements
- Be accountable for ownership of securities settlement and safekeeping product materials (Service Directories, Slip Sheets, product content on Morgan Markets). Maintain and update these materials as product changes are deployed.
(iii) Strategic replatforming programs
- Define to-be product offering (based on internal, client, market, regulatory and competitor landscape) to drive scope of enhancements deployed as part of GC’s multi-year replatforming programs to transform securities settlements and the asset record.
- Collaborate with product development, operations, Middle office and technology to document Business Requirements for certain markets, sub products or transaction types
- Drive client communication with client service, sales, implementations & Middle office teams, including writing product newsflashes, FAQs and provide support in client meetings
- Deep understanding or knowledge of the industry, ideally gained from either within operations, Middle office, technology, product development or product management organisation
- Knowledge of the JPM GC securities settlements and safekeeping products, processes, systems and clients
- Ability to demonstrate inclusion of risk and control parameters in daily activities
- Logical, commercially minded and able to think strategically
- Ability to leverage a large matrix run organisation to implement change
- Strong presentation skills, excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication, influencing and relationship building skills, ability to partner effectively
- Experience working across multiple business areas and/or functions to deliver results
- Strong problem solving skills, good critical thinking and decision-making skills based upon fact and business/industry knowledge
- Ability to work independently and multitask in a fast paced environment