Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. We help keep your lights on, the factories running, our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Innovation.
The Hitachi ABB Power Grids Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 900 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids business Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports Hitachi ABB Power Gridâs units in more than 25 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in Power Grid business. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 60 countries.Your Responsibilities
- Be the first point of contact and gateway to more advanced services, we are looking for an multi lingual Customer Connect Agent which will provide first line support to our customers and the global Hitachi ABB Power Grids network.
- Responding to incoming inquiries via telephone, e-mails, web- and other possible channels efficiently with confidence and professionalism.
- Be a customer advocate for timely response to issues and for problem resolution and escalation.
- Report all activities taken toward resolving customer issues.
- Able to multitask and maintain an organized work environment.
- Where required, support customers during run time activities and provide online trouble shooting support and resolution.
- Participation in ensuring 24/7 availability.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelors degree in Science/Diploma in engineering is preferred.
- 1-3 Years experience in a customer support role.
- Language skill in speaking and writing Korean or Japanese language most preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, Interpersonal skills and ability to converse with customers in polite and effective manner though telephone or e-mail is a mandatory skill set.
- Intrinsic attitude to drive innovation and improvement.
- Ability to speak other languages (Arabic/Thai /Chinese or Hindi and other regional Indian languages is an added advantage.