Improve customer service experience, create engaged customers and facilitate organic growth.
• Take ownership of customers issues and follow problems through to resolution.
• Set a clear mission and deploy strategies focused towards that mission.
• Develop service procedures, policies and standards.
• Keep accurate records and document customer service actions and discussions.
• Analyze statistics and compile accurate reports.
• Recruit, mentor and develop customer service agents and nurture an environment where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment.
• Keep ahead of industry's developments and apply best practices to areas of improvement.
• Control resources and utilize assets to achieve qualitative and quantitative targets.
• Adhere to and manage the approved budget.
• Maintain an orderly workflow according to priorities.
• Most importantly, airlines often experience bad weather and equipment malfunctions that change flight schedules and sometimes even cancel flights.
The agent must be able to advise travellers of bad news about cancelled flights, diffuse stressed customers and be prepared to solve customer problems (when possible) quickly as they arise.