At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesWho You AreCandidate will be responsible for assessing the security capabilities of third-party products, services and solutions, including the security of the supplier environment and the integration points. The candidate will require technical expertise in leading technologies such as Cloud, Kubernetes, Containers, Data analytics or AI technologies or IoT to understand and assess new suppliers with products and solutions in these technology areas. This is not a compliance or audit function. On the other hand, this is not a security testing function. What You Will DoJob Responsibilities:
Required Technical and Professional ExpertiseOverall 8 years of experience in IT or information security domain Minimum 3 years of experience in one of the following:
- Conduct security review of third-party products/ services to assess the security capabilities and risks to IBM / Customer data, network and IBM products/ offerings
- Identify areas of improvement and analyze and provide appropriate recommendations for mitigation of the risk
- Working with the appropriate business users and experts, ensure that for any identified risk that require mitigating action, including vendor disengagement/replacement, a plan is developed and executed.
- Monitor and drive mitigation actions.
- Partner and coordinate closely with internal stakeholders (i.e. Business units, Business Unit Information Security executives, Procurement, Internal Audit, Legal, etc.) to facilitate and assess third party relationships.
- Clearly articulate the risk areas and required mitigation action to senior management of Business units, CISO and cross-functional teams
- Act as a subject matter expert to assist the business in identifying and mitigating risks on their supplier relationships.
- Ensure appropriate security terms are included in supplier contracts
- Minimum 2 years of experience in one of the following:
- Cloud application development, including working with Kubernetes, containers, dockers
- Cloud infrastructure management – management of Kubernetes, containers, cloud databases and applications
- Experience in development, deployment or maintenance of data analytics and AI projects
- Experience in development, deployment or maintenance of IoT applications and infrastructure
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in security architecture and solutioning
- Experience in application security management
- Experience running vulnerability scans or management
- Experience in Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Experience in managing network security
- Experience in security technologies such as Identity & Access Management, encryption, DLP, etc.
Preferred certifications :About Business Unit
- Experience evaluating third party security controls and status
- Experience conducting risk assessment of problem areasRisk management experience – assessment, prioritization and remediation
- Familiarity with SOC 2 Type 2 audits
- ISO 27001 implementation knowledge
- NIST 800-53 implementation experience
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM’s financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures),and global financing.Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.