Do you approach new challenges with passion and take responsibility for your actions? Be the change you want to see and start shaping industry from the inside.
Join a team of highly competent resources as a Data Center Database Administrator - SQL based out of Trelleborg Bangalore, India.Tasks And Responsibilities
- Focus primarily on database operations for SQL.
- Administer and maintain a mission critical based on:
- SQL databases including Windows Application Cluster and Always-on
- High availability systems spanning redundant data centers
- VMware hosting environment
- SAN Storage based on Dell compellent
- Windows Server operating systems
Education And Experience
- Plan for capacity, performance and service availability of all servers and storage in line with business needs.
- Work with application/project teams and 3rd party partners to plan, design and implement new IT infrastructure and services, to meet existing and growing needs of the business.
- Monitor the database systems in terms of operation, capacity and performance. Completing investigations into inefficiencies and producing root cause analysis and improvement recommendations.
- Maintain and enhance disaster recovery procedures.
- Plan, test and implement patches and software updates.
- Participate in call rotation / duties.
- 5+ years of work experience in enterprise environments within a data center team.
- Degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or equivalent.
- 3+ years’ experience as Database administrator for enterprise-level SQL implementations covering Windows application clusters and always-on configurations as well as standalone.
- Experience or working knowledge in ITIL processes and standards is an added advantage though not essential.
- Some experience and understanding of some or all technologies currently deployed in the data center (covered in responsibilities).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English is essential.
Our Benefits For You
- Structured approach to daily routines and troubleshooting processes.
- Interest in applying change and process management rules in a disciplined manner.
- Ability to clearly express ideas and concepts both verbally and in written form to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work in co-operation with vendors and colleagues across multiple business areas and countries.
- Work in multicultural environments
- Family friendly and life-phase oriented company culture
- Flexible work hours with mobile work quantum