At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs Data Modeling Engineer, you are responsible for design, develop and deploy database models for application development to support business applications, ensuring system scalability, security, performance, and reliability.Responsibilities:
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Work closely with business and application development team to develop, define and maintain different abstract layers of data models like conceptual data model, logical data model etc.
- Perform data analysis and data modeling for operational application and analytical databases
- Work closely with Business Information Architects and other technical and business architects to enable the development of the Integrated Information Capability Roadmap.
- Identify new information capabilities needed to support business capabilities of a given business domain.
- Provides consulting and guidance regarding the usage of the enterprise integrated logical model for use in development.
- Suggest and implement improvements in architecture, team processes and functions.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in IT Industry
- Expert in Data modeling: Data Vault 2.0, Dimensional modelling & 3NF modelling
- Ability to engage with business stakeholders
- Structured approach to Business requirement gathering
- Ability to break down business requirement into KPIs, Dimensions and Facts
- Proficient in ETL architecture, Data warehousing patterns (Kimball/Inmon)
- Working knowledge of data modelling tools i.e. SAP Powerdesigner, Wherescape 3D, Erwin
- Expertise to work closely to define the data strategies and build data flows between source and target
About Business Unit
- Knowledge of SQL, Power BI knowledge (nice to have)
- Snowflake/ AWS knowledge (nice to have).
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.